PDA

View Full Version : Possible to leak urine without feeling it?

harasgenster
06-01-11, 13:19
Hello all
First of all, I'm very sorry to all of those who are getting sick of me posting about urine! It's just because incontinence is one of my greatest fears and I have had an overactive bladder for the last year which is not making things any better!

Right, what's happened today is that I was working in bed (I love working from home!) and I hadn't got dressed yet because I was being lazy so my bare skin was against the sheets.

I went downstairs for lunch and when I came back up there was a big wet spot about five inches in diameter where my crotch had been. I didn't feel anything come out at all and I have thrush at the moment so there's discharge with that.

However, this seemed like a bit too much to be discharge and it must have happened within an hour because I'd been up and down all morning and I didn't notice it until the afternoon.

Is it possible to leak urine without noticing do you think or would you normally feel it?

I ask the question partly out of anxiety and partly because I want to be able to give my urologist a true picture of what's happening when I see her again next month.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Update: Definitely was urine. Stained like urine rather than discharge. HELP!!!!

Anxious_gal
06-01-11, 13:45
I always feel when I leak urine.
I'm most certain your having vaginal discharge which is good!
it helps flush out your vagina, keeps it clean.
it will be different depending on your cycle. different textures, if your having a lot of discharge which you will do with thrush it tends to dry on your underwear!
also you can sweat down there a lot too.
to be honest it really sounds like nothing related to actually losing controle of your bladder.
Panty liners are great for discharge :-)

harasgenster
06-01-11, 13:49
I always feel when I leak urine.
I'm most certain your having vaginal discharge which is good!
it helps flush out your vagina, keeps it clean.
it will be different depending on your cycle. different textures, if your having a lot of discharge which you will do with thrush it tends to dry on your underwear!
also you can sweat down there a lot too.
to be honest it really sounds like nothing related to actually losing controle of your bladder.
Panty liners are great for discharge :-)

Thanks so much, I was so scared. Like I say, it's my greatest fear. The reason I thought it was urine was because it stained brownish (on a blue sheet) and I have only been getting white discharge recently. Can you have brown discharge? It was also the consistency of water but I couldn't tell whether the smell was urine or just sort of the usual smell you get in that area!

I really don't know whether to mention it to the urologist. I felt a bit silly saying some of the things I said last time (which I considered symptoms) because she just gave me this little smile and ignored it which sort of says: "You're obsessing about this and have started imagining things" - which is totally reasonable!

AllInMyHead
06-01-11, 16:21
I would be tempted to say something to the doctor like 'I wasn't sure whether to mention this, but I know I'll worry about it later if I don't. I'm sure it's just that I'm being over-anxious but...'. Then you won't get home and start thinking you should have mentioned it and it really is something terrible.

And FWIT I'm with mishel on this, I really think you would notice. And I also think if it was urine you would definitely be able to tell by the smell. So no need to worry!

harasgenster
06-01-11, 18:29
I would be tempted to say something to the doctor like 'I wasn't sure whether to mention this, but I know I'll worry about it later if I don't. I'm sure it's just that I'm being over-anxious but...'. Then you won't get home and start thinking you should have mentioned it and it really is something terrible.

And FWIT I'm with mishel on this, I really think you would notice. And I also think if it was urine you would definitely be able to tell by the smell. So no need to worry!

Good plan. Thanks, I'll have a go at saying something like that because I do always end up worrying that I've missed stuff out in case it's stupid.

I have finally come round to the idea that it's discharge now. Eventually looked up thrush (which I think I have) and it said sometimes the discharge is watery and yellow rather than white and thick, which could have been where the confusion came from!