PDA

View Full Version : Hug needed please?

haziefantasie
06-01-11, 15:25
Hi everyone

Ive had a bad couple of days, been really anxious & upset since returning to work.

Then this morning I got a call telling me my grandad died last night, he has had dementia for a while and has been in hospital over xmas. I just feel numb, it seems ridiculous that yesterday I was crying coz I couldnt cope at work yet today I havent cried at all, even though I have every reason to.

Anyway, I think I just need a hug :weep:

PokerFace
06-01-11, 15:40
I don't really know what to say but here's a big hug! :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad and that you're feeling so bad right now. xxx

ladybird64
06-01-11, 16:23
Big hug just for you Hazie. :bighug1:

I have been following your thread and just wanted to say how much I admire your determination to go back to work even though you have been feeling so bad.

The loss of your Grandad must be a terrible blow on top of everything else but don't worry about the lack of tears, nor try to analyse it..sometimes we react to things in a way that seems strange but it is the right way for us.

I hope you start to feel a bit better soon x

gaaron
06-01-11, 16:26
Hazie, so sorry to hear your sad news :hugs::flowers: x

suzy-sue
06-01-11, 17:12
So sorry about your Grandad Haze :hugs:..Sometimes people dont cry straight away .But you will eventually .It can be a shock and sometimes we just go into auto pilot mode .I know I usually do when ive had a lot to cope with .I hope you feel better soon .Lots of luv and my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family .God bless Sue :bighug1:xxx

Rous
06-01-11, 17:44
For you Hayley. :hugs:

Take care & be safe.

simon68
06-01-11, 18:10
So sorry to hear your sad news Hazie. If you need a chat, PM or email me. . . Take care

haziefantasie
06-01-11, 20:29
Thanks for all your kind messages, its very much appreciated :hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
06-01-11, 21:19
Hi Hazie,

Sorry to hear of your lose, sending you lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

love

Yvonne

Dizz
06-01-11, 21:53
loads of hugs from me too, so sorry to hear about your grandad x :weep::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

diane07
06-01-11, 23:00
So sorry to hear about your loss

how very sad

diane :hugs:

Groundhog
07-01-11, 13:13
Here you go brace yourself :bighug1:

ElizabethJane
07-01-11, 15:33
:hugs::hugs:Hazie we are all here for you.EJ

haziefantasie
07-01-11, 15:51
Thanks again for all your kind words.

I feel awful today, I managed to put on a brave face at work but cried all the way there and back and since I got home. Everything just seems pointless, ive got nothing to look forward to or live for. Im so exhausted, I could sleep forever but am constantly dreaming and never feel rested. I know that if I got out and did things, exercised etc id feel better but I just dont have the energy, its a vicious circle. Im sorry to moan, it does help to know people care x

Magic
07-01-11, 16:08
HI Hayley, BIG HUGS FROM ME X

PoppyC
09-01-11, 13:33
Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs: at this sad and difficult time for you.
I am so sorry for the loss of your grandad.

haziefantasie
09-01-11, 13:49
Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Ive been feeling a bit better yesterday and today, Im a bit more hopeful about the future and have been sleeping a bit better. The funeral isnt until the 25th jan so at least it gives me time to get myself together, I know it will be hard so I will try and get some coping strategies sorted before then x

JT69
10-01-11, 16:06
So sorry to hear about your Grandad....heartfelt sympathy!!

Jo.xx

haziefantasie
27-01-11, 18:24
Hi everyone

Just thought Id let you know I coped ok with the funeral, it was very emotional but was a lovely service. I was very anxious having to talk to family that I havent seen for years but my brother told me he felt the same and hes the most confident person I know so that made me feel better!

Thanks again for all your support and helping me through a very difficult time :hugs:

suzy-sue
27-01-11, 18:35
Glad to hear you coped ok Hazie .It can be very tough going like your brother says for a lot of people .You did well .Im so sorry again for your loss .I hope now you can start to heal ,Remember him and know he will always be a part of your life ..Hugs Sue :bighug1: