PDA

View Full Version : Hearing problem - light relief

AllInMyHead
06-01-11, 16:47
One of the things that's been really adding to my worries at the moment is mild tinnitus. I keep worrying it's got worse or changed.

I have music on during the day so I can't really hear it and thus don't notice it. Everything just went really muffled, and I was launching into full panic mode that I was going deaf.

Then I noticed the cat had parked himself in front of the speaker. Cat gone, problem gone. I wish they were all that easy :yesyes:.

Makes me realise how easy it is to stress about things that aren't really anything.

kittykat
06-01-11, 17:07
Ive posted about this today.....i keep hearing a buzzing or ringing high pitch in my ears, its more obvious when its quiet, cant help thinking its something more sinister as i read this can be a symptom of a brain tumour and i also have visual disturbances caused by optical migraine.....anyway im adding 1+1 and coming up with three, its really panicking me especially at night when trying to sleep :( Unfortunately my cats not helping me unstress at the mo :) x

AllInMyHead
06-01-11, 17:15
Mine is like if you are somewhere really loud, like a club or a gig, then you go outside where it's quiet, and you get a buzzing / ringing sound.

I guess it's most likely something with my ears, probably not helped by all the water that gets in when I'm windsurfing (badly).

But because of a couple of other (probably imagined) symptoms, my 1+1=MS.

FWIW I think tinnitus with no sinister cause is really quite common. It is annoying though, especially when you are trying to sleep. It can sound so loud when everything else is quiet, and then when you stress about it as well, everything seems so much worse.

How long have you had it? Have you seen a doc?

kittykat
06-01-11, 18:35
Ive really just became aware of it over the past few weeks, it started with random high pitched tones and ive kind of zoned in to it more.

I'm finding it really annoying when i try to sleep or im in a quiet room then i notice a constant humming tone.
Im seeing the doctor next week so i think i'll mention it to him then as well.

I just hate when i get anything like this cause it raises my anxiety levels , makes me really panicky as well. I'll try and put some low music on in my room tonight to try and distract from it..... heres hoping theres nothing sinister causing it xx