PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

tommy1982
06-01-11, 21:15
Hi guys

This is a new symptom for me, and its taken me a while to get my head around.

Last night I had a bit of a scuffle with my younger brother, we both got quite drained, I couldnt catch my bed and ended up throwing up with a really high temp, for 30 mins to an hour.

Anyhow I went to the doctor, to get checked out when I calmed down and fealt a bit better to drive over, she said it might be down to the slimming tea i was taken which is Cho Yung tea,

I am also coming off Codeine very quickly , dropped down from 64mg/80mg a day to 16mg two days ago and going back to 48 mg yesterday.

Anyhow I asked her to check my blood pressure as I am on effexor, she said it was borderline high, it was like 139

anyhow I couldnt stop thinking about my high blood pressure all day and got checked in the chemist again, and it was 147 over 97

two ours later I went to another chemist, and it was 141 over 97

I find my self now obsessing about my blood pressure, I have but on a couple of stone last year from alochol mainly I dont understand this high blood pressure stuff and its scaring the crap out of me that it might be a underlieing sign of something else

I want to ignore it , and live better and get checked in a month or so

Am I totally over reacting ?

Zee
06-01-11, 21:18
Hi Tommy, my BP was 150/90 back in March. Doc said that was fine as I had white coat hypertension and also was in anxiety mode. I think they allow for your age and also if you are anxious too.

Dizz
06-01-11, 21:58
Hiya mines the same reading as yours Tommy and my doc has taken me off my bp tablets that another doc put me on as there was no point, it was no lower or higher either on or off the tablets... it's not 'high' and absolutely nothing to worry about it's just slightly high compared with the normal scale which is no where near what is really meant by HIGH Blood Pressure

cornishmaid
07-01-11, 06:59
i send my blood presure up just by thinking am going to have it taken or if i check it at home(became obsessed with that tho)and yours isnt that high as others have said,couple months ago i was at the hospital for appointment and my blood pressure was 152/102!!! ,i been on ramipril for 10 years so have my blood pressure checked regularly plus with my obsession checking it at home i kno it usually sits around 120/75 give or take a bit each way ,,and when i got home again i checked it and it was 125/'82 ,hope u feel better soon