PDA

View Full Version : aware of fast heart beat

anx mum
07-01-11, 10:24
Been feeling quite anxious for the past few weeks not sleeping, tearful, low in mood. Around the sametime had my baby girl had a couple of panic attacks were i felt i couldnt breath. Just lately i am aware my pulse is fast over 100 when sitting is this normal? :weep:

MidnightCalm
07-01-11, 12:07
Over 100 isn't normal, it should be between 60 and 100 I was told and the closer to 60 the better. I think you just need to relax, try and get the best sleep you can and try things to boost your mood. I am always aware my pulse is fast. I'd say it's always between 90-100 or maybe over :/

fastcat
07-01-11, 12:09
I get this nearly everyday, always when i sit down to watch tv after tea. So i'm relaxed. Had it checked out, everything normal, don't know why it happens, maybe i'm expecting it to happen at the same time, so i'm bringing it on myself, don't know.

anx mum
07-01-11, 12:10
Over 100 isn't normal, it should be between 60 and 100 I was told and the closer to 60 the better. I think you just need to relax, try and get the best sleep you can and try things to boost your mood. I am always aware my pulse is fast. I'd say it's always between 90-100 or maybe over :/

Thank u for your reply do u think then its cos im anxious?

sammi
07-01-11, 15:02
Hi Bev, you have just had your beautiful baby girl this makes even women who don't suffer from anxiety anxiousyou do suffer from anxiety which has returned just recently so I would say that's why your heart rate is a little high. I have been to a a&e with my heart rate over 100 they do ecgs and all normal and aslong as its anxiety causing it its fine its not uncommon for anxiety sufferers to have high heart rates well so my doc tells me. When I'm at my most anxious I'm always aware of my heart rate its like I can't escape it and its always hightry not to worry too much I know its easier said than done but try relax and enjoy your baby, you have been better anxietywise before and you will be again. Big hugs hunny xxxxxx

anx mum
07-01-11, 15:58
Hi Bev, you have just had your beautiful baby girl this makes even women who don't suffer from anxiety anxiousyou do suffer from anxiety which has returned just recently so I would say that's why your heart rate is a little high. I have been to a a&e with my heart rate over 100 they do ecgs and all normal and aslong as its anxiety causing it its fine its not uncommon for anxiety sufferers to have high heart rates well so my doc tells me. When I'm at my most anxious I'm always aware of my heart rate its like I can't escape it and its always hightry not to worry too much I know its easier said than done but try relax and enjoy your baby, you have been better anxietywise before and you will be again. Big hugs hunny xxxxxx

thanx hun what would do without u x:bighug1:

sammi
07-01-11, 16:02
thanx hun what would do without u x:bighug1:

Oh I don't know :blush: lol but seriously always here for you you know that. X

anx mum
07-01-11, 16:07
Oh I don't know :blush: lol but seriously always here for you you know that. X

Thanx and that goes for u too x

sammi
07-01-11, 16:10
:bighug1:

cthechick84
11-01-11, 22:37
Hello anx mum just wanted to give u sum hugs and too gave birth to my baby boy last jan and straight away i had my anxiety return and nasty palpatations and changes in my heart beat was very scared and still get days were im more aware than others its horrible u have to try and take ur mind off it and tell it ur not scared but do try not to take ur pulse because i got into a bad habit of doing this and it would go through the roof because of the anxiety.aslong as all ur bloodwork with the doctors are upto date dont worry but i bet they did that in the late stages of pregneny if not get them to check because sometimes cud be from anemia low iron or thyroid problems as uv just had a baby.anyway best wishes to u just wanted to let u knw ur not alone .if ud like to chat pm me xxxxx