PDA

View Full Version : Dad missing causing panic.

Dsaundo2010
08-01-11, 00:00
Hi all,

I guess this is a bit personal to put on here but here go's, I'm not close to my father but today I got a call from merseyside police saying that my dad has been missing since xmas. This has now caused me to have major panic/anxiety. Im in turmoil I dont know wether to go the docs and ask for meds to help get me through up till now I'v been fine and off beta blockers etc. But this has caused major attacks i cant stop thinking the worst! what would you guys do (in terms of getting meds to help me?) same advice please, I'm frantic.

gaaron
08-01-11, 00:02
So sorry to hear your news. If you usually use the meds, then I'd go to your docs and explain the situation and go along with his advise. Take care x

ditzygirl
08-01-11, 09:17
You poor thing, definately go to the GP and share what is going on.

Just to share your feelings at this stressful tme will help.

Do any of the missing persons charities have any help lines or support groups?

We are here for you anytime and fingers crossed fro youxx

Meewah
08-01-11, 10:16
Hi

I agree go get your meds then why not try to find your Dad. Thinking about others is the best way to reduce anxiety. He is the closest link you have to your past. If it was me the docs would be the last place to go. I would be out there looking and asking around.

This is the worse side of anxiety, please don't take this to heart but I hate the self centred Me, Me, Me mentality. Anxiety makes people selfish. We are all suffering. We all suffer mental illness, its how we deal with it that counts.

I hope for your dads sake you all find him.

Best of look.

Mee

JaneC
08-01-11, 10:26
Anyone in this horrible situation would feel anxious. If you feel you need meds, get them. Then, as Meewah says, if you can, try to do something practical. I'm sure you will feel better if you can do that, rather than just being at home feeling powerless. I hope he turns up soon xx

yvonne_uk_98
08-01-11, 11:47
Sorry to hear about your news, I agree with JaneC, hope you find your dad soon.:hugs:

miss_moose
08-01-11, 13:07
I'm so sorry, i wish hope your dad is found safe.
Like everyone else has said, I would advise you to see your GP. They might not think tablets are the best thing for you right now but you'll be able to speak to someone, and your GP will know the best thing for you.

Thinking of you:hugs:

Anxious_gal
08-01-11, 14:41
you need support, doctors, therapy, family, friends.
don't wait until you feel like you cant cope x

PoppyC
08-01-11, 16:01
I am sorry that your Dad is missing. It must be awful for you, the stress of not knowing and I hope he soon makes contact.
The organisation below is very good at helping support families of those who have gone missing.
www.missingpeople.org.uk (http://www.missingpeople.org.uk)
In the meantime if you feel that you need to take medication to help you, then I don't blame you for doing so. You are going through a lot. It will help ease the anxiety for you somewhat.
Keep us posted and I hope your Dad soon gets in contact and is safe and well.
Thinking of you.
:hugs: