PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share this.......

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 01:37
I have read loads of posts on here today where people are so scared of bodily symptoms so I wanted to share this:

Today I had:

dizziness - weird head feeling and feeling off balance. Loads of viruses going around and I am also very tired.

chest - left hand side - really bad sharp pain that made me grab the side and think "ouch".

Bad stomach/abdominal pains all night - coudl be my Crohn's playing up or IBS or a period

Head - feeling fuzzy and tension

arms aching - tension probably

vision blurry - tiredness again

hiccups - indigestion

legs shaking - restless leg sydrome

My point is that I am not calling 999, I am not thinking I am dying, I do not think cancer or brain tumour. We have to realise our bodies do things all the time and they are not serious.

I have been through more than most people on here will ever have to face and I am still here so please stop worrying about a single ache or pain - we all get them - IT IS NORMAL.

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 01:45
Oh I forgot to mention eyes Ally I cannot read the screen well it is blurry lol

gaaron
08-01-11, 01:53
I feel sick 'cos I ate too much choc
My eyes hurt 'cos I've been watching the Elvis Live Cam
My neck hurts 'cos I've not been sitting right to view the laptop
I feel hot and sweaty 'cos I've had the heating on to high (+watching Elvis)
My legs shaky 'cos I'm trying to do an impression
I feel anxious 'cos Nicola might tell me off :unsure:

JaneC
08-01-11, 10:34
A point well worth making, Nic. There an awful lot of catastrophising goes on. Just wanted to add that I spent a fair bit of time this week googling a medical worry I have. Why? Because I had something else on my mind I really didn't want to think about. So I focused on that instead.

eternally optimistic
08-01-11, 11:27
Thanks for the post, I think we all need reminding of what the anxiety can do to us.

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 15:01
I feel anxious 'cos Nicola might tell me off :unsure:

:roflmao: as if

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 15:02
Mine isn't actually anxiety - it is just old age I think :winks: and the usual aches and pains caused by other things like being tired and run down.

suzy-sue
08-01-11, 15:16
:roflmao:I know the feeling ..:whistles:..sue x

Magic
08-01-11, 16:14
Nicola,Yes I have loads of syptoms like you say every day,but I carry on. I have just had a phone call to say that my brother has died last night.I already lost a brother last year.when will it end only two of us left out of six. They were both in there eighties but still it hurts. I feel a bit more out of sorts today tho.Am going to have a lie down. Thanks for listening to me x

lizzie29
08-01-11, 16:33
Nellie... so sorry to hear that, of course it still hurts, a loss of anyone regardless of age is a sad thing. Thinking of you and your family. x

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 16:33
Aww Nellie - I am so sorry to hear about your brother - that must be devastating for you.

Sending you loads of love and hugs for today.

ElizabethJane
08-01-11, 16:43
:hugs:Hugs Nicola. I know that we all have our own personal crosses to bear. Somehow we have to keep it in proportion. My eighty one year old Dad has panic attacks. He has been checked out at the hospital. He still insists he is going to dial 999. I have told him to ring me or 'Carewatch'. There is a crisis in our hosptials and people are very ill with flu and complications of flu. I know of two people who have had pneumonia in the last few weeks. I do understand what it is to be on your own panicking and thinking that you are going to die (but if it is panic it will subside) Hugs to all. I know a lot of us are feeling the strain at the moment. EJ.

Magic
08-01-11, 18:12
Hello everyone,Thank you for your kind messages
I must say I have not spoken to anyone today only my nephew and I am so glad I can talk to you on NMP it makes me feel so much better.
Love to you all X

ElizabethJane
08-01-11, 18:21
Helen it is good that you do not feel alone. EJ.

ladybird64
08-01-11, 21:24
I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your excellent post Nic (maybe you should "sticky" it :D).

Helen hun, have just seen this post. I'm sorry..you are in my thoughts. What a start to the year you are having. :hugs:

suzy-sue
08-01-11, 21:29
Im so sorry to hear of your loss Helen .:hugs:Thinking of you and your family .luv Sue xxxxx:bighug1:

blue moon
08-01-11, 22:12
I woke up with bachache and saw legs.....It is because there were no taxis and had to walk to airport x

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 22:27
LOL ladybird.

Just me having a moan that we all get twinges and aches and pains all the time but it doesn't mean much - that was all