PDA

View Full Version : Different Manufacturer? Please help.. Anxious.

laurajoy88
08-01-11, 10:36
Hi everyone, have been on citalopram since 13th Nov and have now moved and changed surgeries- I was on a brand called 'tevn' - orange and White modern looking box but now they've given me an old fashioned looking one called 'sandoz' ? Tablets appear a bit bigger too. Meant to take one this morning (we are away from home) and my bf looked online for me cos I'm worried n he wanted to reassure me it was ok but I glanced at the screen and saw some bad comments.

Can anyone reassure me it's ok that I'm going on a different brand? Feel really anxious lately and especially now today :( thanks x

laurajoy88
08-01-11, 10:37
*it's 10mg citalopram*

JaneC
08-01-11, 10:56
I'm sure it will be ok Laura, they are all supposed to be the same. I had one lot of fluoxetine I didn;t like but it could have been all in my mind - and it didn't make me ill or anything, I just felt it didn't work as well, and I took a good 2 or 3 weeks to notice that xx

laurajoy88
08-01-11, 11:03
Thanks Jane, my bfs mum has reassured me it will be the same tablet so think I'm just going to have to be brave and take it :( eep! X

JaneC
08-01-11, 11:04
Go for it Laura, I'm certain it won't do you any harm xx

Budgie
08-01-11, 11:14
Go for it Laura! :yesyes: :hugs:

It will be fine. Tablets come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, but whatever it looks like, it will have the important 10mg of citalopram in it. :)

eternally optimistic
08-01-11, 11:19
Hi Laura

I changed brands over christmas/new year.

I was really worried about this but there werent any issues.

The tabs are made to the same spec, presumably.

I am sure you will be alright.

Take care.

laurajoy88
08-01-11, 11:39
Thank you so much for your support everyone - I've just had the courage to swallow it :) thanks X

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 14:59
It is the same tablets but just a different manufacturer hence a different name.

My chemist keep doing this with my Ramipril tablets and they assured me the "make up" of the tablets are the same it is just they get them cheaper from different suppliers at different times hence the different brand name.

Budgie
08-01-11, 22:31
^ Yes, its quite interesting, as chemists often have to get their products from different suppliers depending on how much stock is available nationally and things like that, and it can affect the money they get paid back from the NHS for the medicinces they give out.

I work from prescription pricing, so maybe that's why I find it so interesting hehe :blush: