PDA

View Full Version : How can I get sleep??

countrygirl
08-01-11, 14:15
I have posted re the rollercoaster feeling as I try and fall asleep - it is happening every few mintues for about 2 hrs after I go to bed and then it eases off but leaves me wide awake. Some nights I do eventually about 3am fall asleep but most night I have had to take half a sleeping tablet or I have been awake all night.

I am due back at GP on tuesaday and he said he will send me to endocrinologist because even though I had the 24hr urine test to rule out adrenal tumour I am not convinced as there is a small chance of false negative:mad:

Rightly so the GP will not want me to take sleeping pill every ngiht but I can't see a way out at moment.

I know quite a few of you on here have expereinced the split second roller coaster sensation as you start to drift off to sleep but it most people it seems to only happen a few times and then they go to sleep.

I am so miserable with this and so tired.

anx mum
08-01-11, 14:56
I have posted re the rollercoaster feeling as I try and fall asleep - it is happening every few mintues for about 2 hrs after I go to bed and then it eases off but leaves me wide awake. Some nights I do eventually about 3am fall asleep but most night I have had to take half a sleeping tablet or I have been awake all night.

I am due back at GP on tuesaday and he said he will send me to endocrinologist because even though I had the 24hr urine test to rule out adrenal tumour I am not convinced as there is a small chance of false negative:mad:

Rightly so the GP will not want me to take sleeping pill every ngiht but I can't see a way out at moment.

I know quite a few of you on here have expereinced the split second roller coaster sensation as you start to drift off to sleep but it most people it seems to only happen a few times and then they go to sleep.

Hi hun im exactly the same as u at the moment so tired and so anxious. How longs this been going on for?

countrygirl
08-01-11, 20:33
Thanks anx mum. Are you really getting the same rollercoaster feeling when trying to sleep???

anx mum
08-01-11, 20:39
Thanks anx mum. Are you really getting the same rollercoaster feeling when trying to sleep???

yeah feel so tired yet lie there awake its horrible. Drs given me some meds that make me drowsy.

countrygirl
08-01-11, 21:41
Have the meds worked???

I tried zopiclone but it gives me horrible taste in my mouth and I felt totally zonked till teatime next day then I got temazepam but I need to take quite a high dose like 15mgs rather than usual 10mgs (max is 40mgs) to fall asleep as they don't work as well but I don't have any after effects with them.

Have you started to dread going to bed??

Why oh why do we get that horrible going over top of rollercoaster feeling just as we are about to go to sleep

JavaJoy01
09-01-11, 02:15

I experienced that when I first started to get my attacks. I remember it was hard to sleep. What I would do is wrap myself in a nice warm comfortable blanket and sleep half sitting up. When I finally got to a DR and he gave me Xannex, it started to stop and allow me to get some sleep.

It'll take time, but yes I had the roller coaster feeling, the falling feeling and the electric waves through the body, as well as internal trembles. All loved to occur when I was laying down.

anx mum
09-01-11, 11:30
Have the meds worked???

I tried zopiclone but it gives me horrible taste in my mouth and I felt totally zonked till teatime next day then I got temazepam but I need to take quite a high dose like 15mgs rather than usual 10mgs (max is 40mgs) to fall asleep as they don't work as well but I don't have any after effects with them.

Have you started to dread going to bed??

Why oh why do we get that horrible going over top of rollercoaster feeling just as we are about to go to sleep

Yeah i dread going to bed cos i think if i dont sleep another nite gonna feel real bad next day. Wake early hours and v often cant get bk to sleep. Doc has perscribed loperam at night only 1mg never had these before.

countrygirl
09-01-11, 19:25
Thanks both - Javajoy did your Dr tell you what was causing the horrible sensations??? How long did you have it for??

Mine started this time after I got into a terrible panic about multiple ectopics making me feel faint and then had awful panic and was in terrible state all day - that night when I went to bed and I was still a quivering mess was when the sensations hit me big time. I of course was worrying that my heart was causing it but a holter moniter a few weeks later while I had the sensations did not show anything up other than my normal ectopics. The last time I had this bad was about 8 yrs ago but cannot remember when they started - my husband says I was just the same trying to sleep sitting up - having to take sleeping pills to get any sleep and a complete mess for months.

I see my Gp again on Tuesday and am so scared he will refuse me any more sleeping tablets or at lease some diazepam (xanac) but will plead and beg and hope he sends me off to see the consultant.

anx mum
09-01-11, 19:43
Thanks both - Javajoy did your Dr tell you what was causing the horrible sensations??? How long did you have it for??

Mine started this time after I got into a terrible panic about multiple ectopics making me feel faint and then had awful panic and was in terrible state all day - that night when I went to bed and I was still a quivering mess was when the sensations hit me big time. I of course was worrying that my heart was causing it but a holter moniter a few weeks later while I had the sensations did not show anything up other than my normal ectopics. The last time I had this bad was about 8 yrs ago but cannot remember when they started - my husband says I was just the same trying to sleep sitting up - having to take sleeping pills to get any sleep and a complete mess for months.

I see my Gp again on Tuesday and am so scared he will refuse me any more sleeping tablets or at lease some diazepam (xanac) but will plead and beg and hope he sends me off to see the consultant.

Hiya hunr u saying u were worrying bout your heart and this was causing u not to sleep? Im worrying about my fast pulse hun and i think this is causing me to stay awake im taking loperam have u heard of them?

JavaJoy01
09-01-11, 19:50

My doctor told me it was just anxiety. they stopped as soon as I took the xannex. I think I had them for maybe a week or so. I have not had them since, but I've since developed a whole new crop of symptoms.

anx mum
09-01-11, 19:53
My doctor told me it was just anxiety. they stopped as soon as I took the xannex. I think I had them for maybe a week or so. I have not had them since, but I've since developed a whole new crop of symptoms.

the symptoms r endless arent they u cant believe how u feel noone could understand unless they have been thr it.

JavaJoy01
09-01-11, 19:55
It's rough. You get rid of one only for another to replace it. It's a vicious cycle.

anx mum
09-01-11, 19:58
It's rough. You get rid of one only for another to replace it. It's a vicious cycle.

How long u been feeling like this?