PDA

View Full Version : co-codamol side effects

saintdee
08-01-11, 20:58
has anyone had side affects from co-codamol?

Em.ma
08-01-11, 20:59
it made me tired but other than that no x:)

Anxious_gal
08-01-11, 21:13
thats the paracetamol and codeine painkillers.
they work really well, very good at taking away pain.
codeine tends to upset my tummy so i take it wit food.
I tend to my break my tablets in half and take them in halfs rather than a full one at a time.
if i'm still in too much pain after 30 minutes I'll take the other half.
I'm just weird like that.
They will get rid of your anxiety big time, well they did with me, I found I feel very relaxed afterwards, and sometimes sleepy.

Em.ma
08-01-11, 21:54
i found these increased my anxiety- made me feel like i was choking BUT it was only because i was worrying and the choking feeling was caused by anxiety not by the meds. i was given these after i got hit on the head with a stone :( was so painful for a week lol.

uk23
08-01-11, 22:00
I have been taking these for years, the main side effects I get (and my girlfriend and other members of family) are:

Constipation
Sleepiness

If you havent taken them before then only try taking half at first, see how it goes.

paula lynne
08-01-11, 22:20
Hi, the main side effect is drowsyness and constipation. They are highly addictive. If you take them for longer than 2 weeks, they can produce aches and pains as you withdraw, hence you take more, and the cycle begins. They also contain a lot of sodium, so those with high blood pressure should be aware of this. :)

nomorepanic
08-01-11, 22:25
I can't take them cos I am asthmatic

macc noodle
08-01-11, 22:39
Constipation ..................................... yeuch

judipat
08-01-11, 23:08
My dr told me yesterday that taking them regularly for a week or so could produce a "codiene" headache. When you buy them, they always say dont use for more than 3 days. They are very good for pain - but they do not improve anxiety other than take the pain away that is making you anxious.

Hazel B
09-01-11, 15:29
Constipation and sore tummy - they do take pain away, though not worth it for me.:lac:

Anxious_gal
09-01-11, 18:32
try talking half and with food, i find the ones you mix with water to be horrid to my tummy !