PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself

anx2005
09-01-11, 02:24
I have had diagnosed anxiety since April 7th, 2005. Started with a serious 3 day meltdown that ended me up in the doctors office. I guess you are not supposed to take 3 excedrin at a time, 3 times a day. Yep I was taking 9 excedrin a day. That day I had taken 6 excedrin so far and hadn't eaten anything all day. I spiraled out of control and for 3 days and nights I couldn't sleep, couldn't sit still, went through probably a billion soaking wet wash clothes. Finally on April 7th I went to the doctor. He prescribed Clonidine 0.1mg (I guess it gets you off caffeine without withdrawels- Its a heart drug- I knew that cause I was a heart nurse). Lunest and 0.5mg ativan twice a day. So I took all that and was pretty much a lethargic mess for about 2 weeks. My husband had to walk me to the bathroom it was so bad. I weaned myself off the clonidine slowly and the sleeping pills and I am still on the ativan- just prn now. For 6 months I was still a mess. I finally figured out that some of it was hormones and we got that under control and I got much better.
Anyway every year or two I go through this mode of 3 or 4 months of pure hell then I am pretty tolerable again.
My husband lost his job in July. So I got a job in August. I think that's why I am in such a serious flare up now. Its pretty bad. I have this new obsession that I can't eat. I am afraid of severe anaphylactic food allergy. I have no history of food allergies.

I am a Nurse and have 2 children and a very tolerant but not very understanding husband. He is difficult to live with otherwise but totally great about my anxiety. What I put him through probably makes us even. :)

This site has already helped me some. So thanks and I hope to get continued support and hopefully I can give some support as well!

diane07
09-01-11, 02:26
Hi anx2005

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

shaggyowen
09-01-11, 02:33
hey =] :welcome: