PDA

View Full Version : citalopram 3 days in and cant function !

panicmum
09-01-11, 10:01
Hi i have been taking citalopram 10mg for 3 days now and having horrendous panic attacks which stop me from functioning, i am unable to care for my 3 children and im currently 33+ weeks pregnant with my 4th and last child,

A couple of yrs ago i took escitalopram and they seemed to work well
although my gp says they are not allowed to prescribe them due to cost.

Today i havent got the strength to pop another pill im so scared as my hubby is at work and im home alone with the children, do you think i should carry on or revisit the gp tomorrow ??? help !!

eternally optimistic
09-01-11, 11:07
Hi

I can completely sympathise, not functioning and having children is not a good thing, plus being pregnant.

I would definitely go back to see your GP and see what they say.

The tablets do, for some people, make it worse b4 better but probably will eventually help you.

Hope today isnt too bad for you.

Take care

familymatters
10-01-11, 11:00
Hi, so sorry to hear you're struggling. I'm afraid its really common for cit to make things worse before they get better. The increased anxiety should reduce after a couple of weeks, can you get someone to help you with the little ones while you go thru this difficult period. bear with it if you can, it will all be worth it in the end xx

panicmum
10-01-11, 18:28
Went to see my gp today and they have changed me on to escitalopam/cipralex which i have used before with no problems, fingers crossed this time :)