PDA

View Full Version : Heart!

AnxiousM
09-01-11, 16:01
Hi,

My heart races sometimes and to get it to return back to normal I have to take a long breath, hold it, then release it. Anyone else get this?

Am I being hyper sensitive about my heart? I have had that horrible feelin like something in my chest is going to do something funny and sometimes I can feel a squeeze and pressure around the area. I've been kind of wheezy when working outside in the cold... Is it related? Bloody nhs website said wheezing accompanies heart attacks! I hate this worrying!

holly1986
09-01-11, 16:18
i get this often its sometimes indigestion gathering at one point then moving which gives off a palpiation sensation and other times a general palpitation is stopped by a deep breath because youre relaxing instead of somewhat hyperventalating!

My doctor told me that palpitations are just your bodys way of talking to you - sometimes its more talkative than other times but its no reason to be panicked or upset so please try to relax :)

If there was something wrong the symptoms would not go away with a deep breath and there would be loads of other symptoms too so woohoo! "just" a wee bit of anxiety!

Hope this helps
Holly

AnxiousM
10-01-11, 11:26
Well, another rubbish night. Woke up twice last soaked through with sweat on both occasions. Rubbish sleep and tired today. I've booked an appointment with the doctor tomorrow who'll probably tell me that I'm being stupid.

Are the night sweats anxiety??? Somehow I've managed to latch onto this heart thought, maybe through the 'impending doom' feeling. The odd thing is that I didn't feel anxious, the physical feeling in my chest made me feel anxious. Is just a vicious circle!?

It's really frustrating me! I'm fed up of feeling this way. I went to the gym three times last week, no problems training. Had crap sleep over the passed few days and my fiancé said I was soaked in sweat on the night I didn't wake up.

anx mum
10-01-11, 11:31
Hi,

My heart races sometimes and to get it to return back to normal I have to take a long breath, hold it, then release it. Anyone else get this?

Am I being hyper sensitive about my heart? I have had that horrible feelin like something in my chest is going to do something funny and sometimes I can feel a squeeze and pressure around the area. I've been kind of wheezy when working outside in the cold... Is it related? Bloody nhs website said wheezing accompanies heart attacks! I hate this worrying!

I hate this too hun really scared just rung my doc cos pulse is racing all the time

joans60
10-01-11, 11:42
Hi Anxious M and Anx Mum
This is only anxiety I get the very same sometimes in the middle of the night it wakes me and I cant get back to sleep
You will both be okay.

Joanx

AnxiousM
11-01-11, 09:18
Night sweats I discovered last night where due to my duvet being too thick. Funny heartbeats due to anxiety.

I'm stupid!