PDA

View Full Version : Lump down below (Ladies)

Lissy43
09-01-11, 20:37
I noticed a spot on my pubic bone area about 4 weeks ago, I thought nothing of it as it was pretty small and within the hairs there so assumed it was just a spot of some sort. It has since grown and become like a hard pea sized lump. My husband has looked at it and says it looks like a cyst of some sort or infected hair folicle. He said it is yellow looking when you pull the skin tight.

I think me touching it due to being slightly worried has caused it to swell abit more too as it now feels sore, before I was prodding it, it was a painless cyst type lump.

It is about petit pois pea size. It is yellow looking when you pull the skin tight. I am trying not to worry about cancer but now and again I feel abit sick with worry.

I wear pads alot so am putting it down to maybe not letting that area breath as much as I used to, and that has caused a spot. I am prone to cysts, I get them on my face alot, I suffer with acne which causes cysts and have a break out at the moment on my face. I am hoping it is just one of those, I am not sure if you can get them down below though.

I am using TCP liquid on it, in hope that it will get smaller, and I have a GP appointment this week. I saw him Thursday regarding my anxiety but as I was on my period I didn't mention it because I didn't want him to go checking down there.

Has anyone had anything like this?

rosi
09-01-11, 21:20
Please don't worry. I've always bumps in that area. Some have been yellow and have burst, others have been just 'blind' lumps that eventually go after a few weeks. It's a damp, moist area that has very little air circulation so its no wonder we got bumps down there. I would bet it's just an infected hair follicle or nothing more than a boil or spot. I know it's hard to remain rational but please don't worry.:hugs:

Lissy43
09-01-11, 21:46
Thank you Rosi.

I've never had a lump down there so I'm a tad worried, but remaining positive until u see GP. I just wondered if cysts etc are common down there.

I've been wearing pads alot and always wear knickers to bed, where as in the past I don't wear underwear to bed, so maybe it's caused the area to sweat more. Eww! Lol!!

Lissy43
09-01-11, 21:47
It just feels quite hard, and if I pinch it it's like a hard pea?;)

daisycake
09-01-11, 21:54
Very common :winks: I have about 6 or 7 - one of which fits your description. GP had a look and said it's simply a cyst - you can get lots of different types of cysts and they all feel a bit different. She admitted to having one herself and says she's never had it checked cos she knows it's not serious. If it's a good round shape (you said it felt like a pea), has only come up very recently (4 weeks is quite recent) and you can move it around a bit it's not going to be anything serious. It's rare to get any kind of serious lump there - have done a lot of research on this one, as I've had problems of this nature for most of me life! ... Your GP should be able to reassure you more :) hope all goes well xx

Lissy43
09-01-11, 22:08
Thanks very much Daisy. Your reply was helpful.

The lump is higher up in my pubic hair region, so maybe it is a blocked hair follicle and nothing more sinister.

daisycake
10-01-11, 00:32
happy to help :) yeah if it is up in that kind of area I'd imagine it probably is as you say, a hair follicle and nothing more x

lauren6
10-01-11, 00:42
It could be a sebaceous cyst, very common. I had one there, also on my scalp. If it is they remove it easily, you would feel just a tiny needle stick with the anesthetic, then nothing. Please don't worry....cysts of any kind are very easily taken care of.

Lissy43
10-01-11, 05:13
Thank you.

My father is prone to cysts, and I seem to get them too, just never down below before.

Lissy43
10-01-11, 10:34
I've a GP appointment Wednesday, thank you for all your advice.

sacrilegend
11-01-11, 00:14
Just to let you know that i get these all the time. Either a blocked hair folicle or sabeteous (?) cyst. I have a few of the cysts lower down, and always have at least one or 2 of the blocked folicles higher up. I have had them checked out at the docs and she said they are very normal and you can get them anywhere on the body. I have a few on my head under my hair aswell :)

daisycake
11-01-11, 01:02
Let us know what doc comes up with, understand now what you mean about periods and dr checking- mine was intent on taking swabs today despite it being that time of the month.. Really not pleasant! Lucky you fotr leaving it til a better time! Wish I could have done same haha

Jackie B
30-01-13, 23:21
Hi, are these cysts normally vary painful?

Wkds123
30-05-16, 16:45
What was the outcome of this?