PDA

View Full Version : coming off seroquel

bomberbeamish
10-01-11, 13:12
hi,, theres no if or buts , im coming off seroquel 200mg xr, the weight gain is terrible now, i need to get off these with docs help or not, has any one come off these before, any way i should do it, pls help, as i say im doing it wot ever any ones says, so just help me, dont tell me not to pls,

bomberbeamish
10-01-11, 14:40
well just spoke to doctor and he is on my side, down to 150 from tonight thats 150 mg xr do that for week then down to hundred for a week, then check up should be all over in 4-6 weeks thank god,

Zoestars
10-01-11, 16:38
I've been coming off Seroquel for 6 months now (not the xr the standard ones), was on 550mg and am now on 25mg - yay! It's hard going but so worth it, I feel so much better in myself and the 'zombie' feelings have gone now. Also I lost the 2 stone that I put on when I started seroquel :D
I'd really recommend taking high strength fish oil tabs, L-theanine (an amino acid that helps with seroquel withdrawal), and Kalms (the sleep ones).
Sleep is difficult to start with as seroquel is such a major sedative, so the kalms are important for that...personally I wouldn't recommend taking prescription sleeping meds but that's because I'm trying to stay from medications and only taking herbal or natural things... but it soon gets easier.
Good luck, let me know how it goes :)
Zoe x

bomberbeamish
10-01-11, 17:28
thanks so much,, ive got diaizpam which i will use for sleep if needed i know the drug and have had it on and off for years, im looking forward to losing weight will that start straight away i know im on lower dose than u when u were on you highest, and did u feel really bad in reducing them, iwas put on them for anixety and panic,, im scared ,

bomberbeamish
14-01-11, 11:16
Well its day two of weaning down to 150mg. And i am fine.

bomberbeamish
16-01-11, 07:34
Well its day 4. Slept really well last night . Yesterday was ok but felt a little bit rough but not enough to take a diazipam. :)

bomberbeamish
18-01-11, 15:02
well im doing really well still, day six, im sleeping great ive lost 4 lbs since i started, im feeling good.

bomberbeamish
23-01-11, 16:35
been doing well,, i went down to 100mg last night ,, feelin ok think my thoughts maybe be playing me, but im good.

bomberbeamish
27-01-11, 11:34
well its four days since i been down to 100mg,, last 2 mornings anit been to good feel a little on edge, i anit taking a diaizpam,, just trying to hang in there really.

JaneC
27-01-11, 11:37
Well done Bomber you are doing great, glad it's not been too bad for you xxx

bomberbeamish
30-01-11, 13:50
Thank you, have u been through it to

bomberbeamish
08-02-11, 10:48
ok its a couple of weekes now done to 100mg,, last two nights i havnt slept well,, not sure why, but will see how i go,, in general im ok , eating habits getting better and lost weight , so i keep it up, x

bomberbeamish
14-02-11, 10:23
well its been awhile,, im still at 100mg,, i can see a change in my moods ive got the hump most the time and things are irratating me,, like things not being put away,, or mess , im eating less which is a good thing ive lost 8 lbs now. ive not got much motavation and not going out as much as i should but i have been out.

bomberbeamish
18-02-11, 21:46
Well been to docs and ive now come down to 50mg. I am feeling good iv been out everydy this week. Just to local shop but feels good.

bomberbeamish
27-02-11, 12:25
well im not sure how long its been im still down to 50mg ,, im good ,sleeping ok, losing weight, feeling bit sick in mornings the last few but it could just be a bug.
im doing well and proud of myself.

bomberbeamish
03-03-11, 10:20
starting not to sleep,, feeling sick,, and a bit low,, but nothen has stopped me from day to day life,, not that i have much of a life but washing normal house hold stuff,
also have lost 9lbs since my last reduction think its been 12 days now,, im not worride as i need to lose weight.
ALso im bit tearfull,, dont know why,, useing a bit more diaizpam to get though, im sure i leavel out soon.

bomberbeamish
08-03-11, 00:18
This is my first night without seroquel. I cant sleep. Im not even sure if people reading this but i hope it helos some one one day. I keep posting. :-)

bomberbeamish
09-03-11, 06:25
Been 2 nightss witjout seroquel. Cant eat cant sleep. And i feel a mess

ElizabethJane
09-03-11, 07:48
I'm sorry that you are having a tough time. Can you get to see your GP/Pdoc? I hope that you feel better soon. EJ

bomberbeamish
10-03-11, 20:07
hi ej,, yea i saw doc and im going back on 50mg,, i need my sleep if i dont get sleep its causes all sorts of problems for me, thanks for all your kind comments to my posts,

Kerry B
11-03-11, 07:42
Hi Bomber........not been on here for a while, but i think you are doing really well, from the last time we spoke. Keep us posted with your Diary and keep going chick you can do it! xxx

bomberbeamish
16-03-11, 13:04
well last night i only took 25mg, and i slept and fill ok today,

bomberbeamish
30-03-11, 10:34
well it seems i need to stay at 50mg for now, as i tinkerd down to 25mg and i was geetting some thoughts back and not sleeping, but im happy to stay at 50mg,, it seems to suit me, and im geting the weight off.

HypnosWisher
06-04-11, 23:46
Hi BB,

I am on the same meds as you except for the diazepam. I have read your threads as I am finding Seroquel a bit of a ******* (pardon the french) I am on 50mg daily and 60mg Duloxetine and I feel so knackered most days and it is getting frustrating as I feel more withdrawn from everything. The Seroquel is a joy for sleep as I suffer insomnia and it has helped with sleep, but I find I dream more and wake up confused as to how much I have slept and whether the dreams were real or not. I have found that my appetite has increased which is annoying as I lost a ton of weight last year. I tried to ween myself off onto 25 mg and ended up on the 50mg dose again.

Thanks for the threads as they have been insightful and made me feel like I am not the only one.

Mike

Tero
07-04-11, 01:28
Take care, hang in there. I never had much help from diazepam types, but if it helps use it. Not sure when it is most use.

I am on citalopram alone for anxiety plus an old med for fibromyalgia that does nothing much.

bomberbeamish
13-04-11, 14:27
Hi BB,

I am on the same meds as you except for the diazepam. I have read your threads as I am finding Seroquel a bit of a ******* (pardon the french) I am on 50mg daily and 60mg Duloxetine and I feel so knackered most days and it is getting frustrating as I feel more withdrawn from everything. The Seroquel is a joy for sleep as I suffer insomnia and it has helped with sleep, but I find I dream more and wake up confused as to how much I have slept and whether the dreams were real or not. I have found that my appetite has increased which is annoying as I lost a ton of weight last year. I tried to ween myself off onto 25 mg and ended up on the 50mg dose again.

Thanks for the threads as they have been insightful and made me feel like I am not the only one.

Mike

hi ya,, sorry havnt been on for awhile,, i know what your saying if i sit around then i know im not doing nothen for the day,lol, but keep going , i find when i get up and start doing things and keep busy im ok. also exercise works good i didnt notice untill i stopped exerciseing and i started to feel shit and thats the only thing that had change in my life style. i to get bad dreams , well not bad but werid, not as much as i did since go down to 50mg, depending on how long you have been on it , if its only a short while you may stop feeling hungry and it will level its self out.

good luck