PDA

View Full Version : propranolol

anx mum
10-01-11, 20:20
Doc has perscribed me propranolol as due to anxiety my pulse is racing has anyone had any good experiences with this.

unfitwellhappy
10-01-11, 22:20
I'm only on day 1, but only positives so far... when I was in the Docs i was rattlin' big time, but i'm relaxed now... The anxiety "thoughts" are still there, but i'm a lot calmer about things..

Oh I did feel a bit sick earlier but I had some water and it passed.

Andy

Lisajf
10-01-11, 22:22
I take propanolo occasionally for heart palpitations and I'm fine on them. They def help with calming things down. My dr said loads of people take them before a driving test or public speaking, etc. Are you having a bad time on them.

anx mum
11-01-11, 11:52
I take propanolo occasionally for heart palpitations and I'm fine on them. They def help with calming things down. My dr said loads of people take them before a driving test or public speaking, etc. Are you having a bad time on them.

Do u know how long they take to work? Only on day one so far so good.

buttstrc8
29-06-12, 22:31
My Doc put me on 40mg to take one when i feel anxious - they certainly do work!
But i still have horrid sleep patterns and dreams-I wake every morning drenched in sweat after vivid dreams but is it the drug?

LittleMissSleepy
29-06-12, 23:03
Unfortunately bad dreams can be a side effect. I have had vivid dreams even on a low dose but have found they have subsided after a few weeks. It's worth it for the positive effect of calming heartrate.

Thinkingimmad85
18-07-12, 02:12
I take 40mg twice a day and have done so for the past year, without propranolol I would really struggle to cope as anti depressants don't agree with me. I have no adverse side effects to propranolol and although it doesn't stop me having panic attacks it does slow my heart rate and ease anxiety.