PDA

View Full Version : panic

mistyhaiz
10-01-11, 20:42
ive been having a panic attack for half an hour i hate feeling like this sometimes i think it would be best to end it, don't want to keep feeling like this the only thing that keeps me here is my kids , i started my medication over 4 months ago didn't think i would get them so bad i just wished they would stop for good.

verity
10-01-11, 22:11
Hi Mistyhaiz..keep telling yourself the panic will pass soon. I have read that it is actually impossible for the body to keep up the level of arousal needed for a panic for a long time. So it will end.
If you are feeling like ending it all (believe me I often feel the same) come on the forum or chat and speak to people who understand. I have also often called Samaritains when desparate and felt they have helped.
Have you tried therapy for what you are going through?
Another good organisation is 'no panic' they are not the same as NMP here is the link

http://www.nopanic.org.uk/

They have written recovery courses as well as telephone mentoring and a helpline when you are having a panic attack

Godbless and take care
Verity
xx

gaaron
10-01-11, 22:16
Hi Misthaiz, Verity has given you some very good info-of which have often used. You don't have to answer this, and it's probably my ignorance...but when you say 'panic attack' what do you personally mean?

mistyhaiz
11-01-11, 01:06
hi verity thanks for your reply it means alot knowing i'm no alone xx