PDA

View Full Version : Need assurance & support pls, on the verge of a PA

mom1982
11-01-11, 04:42
I am on holiday with my hubby & 2 young kids to visit my parents.
10 days ago my dad blacked out twice at the market and i was the only one with him at the time to help him. He kept saying he was not feeling too good & blacked out, came to & blacked out again. He says he had bad diarrhea & his bp dropped (he's also taking heaps of bp meds as he has a heart prob) & he has been fine since that day. this happened 3 yrs ago as well & he was fine after but i did not have health anx 3 yrs ago. my health anx started 2 yrs ago after a sudden death in the family.

since 10 days ago i've been in a mess. i keep checking my bp on the home bp machine, my bp is always low-normal for years so i'm scared it will drop & i will blackout. ive had panic attacks this week & i keep feeling i might faint, feel light headed, couldnt sleep some nights kept gasping for air & last night i had a tummy ache & diarrhea twice & feeling nauseas today, so scared, vision blurry again, heart racing.

i was good for months until what happened to dad.

pls help, theres nobody here that will listen to me or understand what im going through. i keep telling my hubby and he says "you're fine" & never says anything else & ignores me half the time.

blue moon
11-01-11, 05:41
Hi mom.
Try and say to yourself this will pass,it will not hurt you,try and breath in from your abdomen for 5 seconds and hold it there,then slowly let it out do this for as long as takes.I try and lie down and do my breathing.Today's events in Queensland where I live have got me into a state of panic,so I have been doing breathing exercises all day.
Love Petra x:flowers:

11-01-11, 06:49
Hi, I get the same symptoms with my panic attacks. Breathing, dizziness, feeling sick, also diarrhea. I really believe you are working yourself up. One tip I've learned is that for people who have rapid changes in BP, sit, stand, and change positions slowly, if it will make you feel better. I know sometimes people black out when standing d/t BP changes its called "orthostatic hypotension." We do a lay, sit, and stand BP in a row to test for it. I have seen people not black out with BP's as low as 90/60 and as high as 190/75. I bet it is your anxiety acting up, try to relax :) I also forgot to add that sometimes I experience similar things, particularly when in the shower. All of a sudden I will stand or sit up and my vision goes black/fuzzy for a minute because of the sudden change in BP in your head and the time it takes for it to adjust. I just blink a couple of times, stay still, and it goes away.