PDA

View Full Version : ANyone else?

Estranged
11-01-11, 08:33
Hi all
I've notice some rare things happening to me and was curious if anyone else are experiencing these things once starting Cipralex

1. Mouth seems to peeling skin inside more

2, feeling gassy or more bloated

3. Acne

Thanks for any info

Estranged

Anxious-in-Canada
11-01-11, 13:40
Hi Estranged,

The dry mouth thing seems to be common. It may be more related to anxiety than the med though. Just take notice if your tounge seems to be pushed up against the roof of your mouth...this is common with stress and anxiety. It should subside as you become less anxious though so hang in there.

Haven't experience the acne issue myself...but the gassy / bloated feeling for sure as I have been finding it difficult to eat (no appetite) and getting a lot of acid reflux/heartburn BUT one important thing is to make sure you can at least get something in your stomach before taking the medication as it can upset your stomache while your are adjusting to taking it and an empty stomache intensifies this feeling....Hope this help.

Hang in there

AlisonMc
11-01-11, 17:55
Have you switched toothpastes? That's actually more likely the reason for the skin peeling.

I didn't notice a rise in acne, but then again my skin changes from being mostly clear to not-so-clear off and on all the time so I could have just missed that as being a side effect.

For gassy & bloating, I find when I'm depressed/anxious, I get gassy & bloated. So not sure if it would be a side effect from the medication. Although I do think I remember reading something about gastrointestinal problems in the literature that came with my prescription (but I could be wrong.. I had a different unrelated prescription around the same time as I started on Cipralex so I could be confusing them).

But either way I believe that most side effects should subside within a couple weeks as your body adjusts to it. And hopefully by then you'll be starting to feel the positive effects of the drug! Just remember, it can take between 1-4 weeks to even start feeling better, so you have to be patient.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!