PDA

View Full Version : propranolol questions

becks xxx
11-01-11, 11:53
I was prescribed this a while ago however in the end decided not to try it and carry on without meds. Lately im back to thinking to just give it a go and have a few questions..
Will taking this stop me from feeling as if i have to leave situations?
Will it do anything to depersonalization/derealisation? As im scared of it making it worse as this is the hardest symptom for me
Will it stop nausea?
And will it enable me to go anywhere without worrying how im going to be...
Thanks in advance x

blueangel
11-01-11, 12:34
Proporanolol can be very helpful for the physical symptoms of anxiety. It should make you less aware of your heartbeat and also reduce the shaky, wobbly feelings as well. It does tend to reduce palpitations and ectopic beats as well, and it may well help with the depersonalisation feelings as it will damp down your "panic" hormones.

Hazel B
11-01-11, 12:37
Hi, for me, they calmed my racing pulse and "jittery" feeling. That enabled me to calm down and think more rationally. I did get tired more easily but that was a small price to pay.

Best wishes.

anx mum
11-01-11, 13:09
Hi, for me, they calmed my racing pulse and "jittery" feeling. That enabled me to calm down and think more rationally. I did get tired more easily but that was a small price to pay.

Best wishes.

How quick did you find propranolol work for you?

Hazel B
11-01-11, 18:32
It worked within 20 minutes for me, I always took one before food. They lasted 4-5 hours at a time.