PDA

View Full Version : New and slightly different

bangle
11-01-11, 12:02
Hey,

Im new too here and have just been given the website to look at by my counsellor.

From looking around i seem slightly different to everyone else, im not on any medication for my problems and am only seeking help from a councellor, i have pancic, anxiety and phobias but these are all triggered by a traumatic event (house fire) that happened just over a year ago and didnt hit me straight away and have progressivly got worse or so i thought till it was pointed out symptoms. i thought i could cope on my own but have got to the point that wasnt the case anymore.

xx

paula lynne
11-01-11, 12:05
Hi bangle, welcome to the forum. I have panic and anxiety with mild agoraphobia, and do not take any meds for it at all. I had councelling as part of an anxiety group at a local mental health unit a couple of years ago. Youll find lots of support here. :welcome:

diane07
11-01-11, 12:05
Hi bangle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bangle
11-01-11, 12:13
Thanks for the replies :)

x

Groundhog
11-01-11, 12:20
Hi and welcome. :)

Probably not that different in so much as I am not on meds (other than natural supplements) I did see a psychologist and shall go back if I find it necessary and my anxiety was induced after my daughter was very ill. Most of the time I operate normally, my anxiety comes in attacks when something is out of my control, arguably a time when anyone’s anxiety is induced but mine tends to be over and above normal and for longer. Essentially that is why I don’t take meds all the time and why therapy has been such a boom in helping me control it.

paulst
11-01-11, 13:24
Hi Bangle:welcome:to the forum.

mtatum4496
11-01-11, 14:06
Welcome. Counseling does do the trick for many people, without the need for drugs of any kind; others find that medication with or without counseling is necessary. The important thing is that you are getting help and as long as it is working, keep it up! You will also find excellent information here about nutrition that may work very well in the context of your therapy. Make yourself at home and stay awhile :)