PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

dragonfly82
11-01-11, 14:13
I dont really know where to start, I have been living with depression and anxiety for years and had been coping very well. I have a loving partner and have been together for just over a year and 3 wonderful ids. But recently things have been really over whelming. I am terrified about being ill. The biggest fear I have is HIV. I had a brief relationship 2 years ago. My first after being on my own for years. It didn't last as he only wanted one thing. I am know terrified he may have given me HIV. I have no real basis for this fear. I am still in touch with him, on facebook and he texts once in a while to say hi. So I know if he had it and knew he would have said something and the chance of him having it and not knowing is very small.

My partner has been so wonderful and we have talked about it and I was doing ok, decided not to have a test as it just adds value to the fear but I cant get it out of my head. I am terrified of pushing him away and losing him.

I am going to the doctors this week to talk to him and maybe see about going back on medication, I guess I am looking for reassurance or just some help to cope.

Please help me as I really dont know what to do now.

holly1986
11-01-11, 19:41
you have classic health anxiety where youve associated with a problem with no reasoning whatsoever but the problem is that your fears are very real and can send you into a blind panic. You want reassurance? if your ex has had any other partners and theyre ok then youre ok! please relax everything will be ok x