PDA

View Full Version : cbt

scaredstiff695
11-01-11, 19:09
hi
i have health anxiety and have posted on here a few times. I seemed to be recovering then started cbt which was excited about finally after 7 years was getting help.only snce i started we ahve talked about things that i buried away and having to deal wth, my anxiety has got soo bad that im struggling to cope im not sleeping eating properly or functioning.

i live alone mon-fri with my two kiidies i dont take meds (my own personnel belief i dont agree with them howerver i dont cfritise or anything that takes the my clse friend takes meds for depression i dont judge or anything everybody is diff)

my question is is my cbt therapist when i told her i was gettng worse told me thats what happens
i feel like shes not listening to me
has anyone else gone/going through cbt can help shed some light i ve never felt so bad xx

carole123
11-01-11, 20:29
i am having cbt and yes i feel bad for at least 2/3 days after. Obviously u are talking about upsetting thinks that u probably wanted to forget about( somehow it comes out) so i was told it was obvious u will feel worse at first. I have only had 4 sessions and they were split over the holiday period and still feel crap but told to bear with it as it gets easier. Lets hope they re right! Best of luck. Carole

scaredstiff695
11-01-11, 20:37
omg im only on my 4th too had two then broke for crimbo which was when i deterreated went 3 weeks then started again lats friday and had a session today now thats me for ten days im struggling x