PDA

View Full Version : symtoms that ive managed to link together?

Em.ma
11-01-11, 19:39
Hi,
Sorry for yet another post BUT i have another thing on my mind worrying me.
For a year now ive been expierencing dead/numb legs. I can not move when i stand up because they are dead. This happens when i have my laptop on my legs and my legs straight whilst sitting on my bed. It can happen after only 2 mins if sitting down. Also sometimes i get a pain in both ankles but at different times when it feels like ive twisted it (it really hurts, just had it now for 5 mins) i have to walk around and change positsion and keep it still (an if i move it back it happens again)
Also for the last 6 months ive been expirecning back spasms every week or so. They last for 20 seconds and are so painful i stand still and hold my back for 20 seconds.
MS?:S

paula lynne
11-01-11, 19:54
Hi Ems, you say your legs are dead, does that mean you dont move at all?

Of course you do. Sitting in the same position for several hours doesnt help. This is another awful sensation of anxiety love. Its all to do with the oxygen/carbon dioxide imbalance. Have you tried re-breathing into a paper bag? This can quickly stop these feelings. My gp once did an "experiment" on me in the surgery to prove how hyperventilation can cause distressing symptoms (even if we dont believe we hyperventilate).

My gp says " I can make you have a panic attack"
Paula says "no you cant!"
Gp says " breathe fast, like your running away from a bear "
Ok says I......and guess what
After about 2 minutes I had ALL the symptoms I get with a panic attack, and anxiety........tingling in face, hands, feet chin, heart going mad, hot, sweating, shaking, feelings of unreality, nausea, eventual vomiting, and the list goes on....

This proved to me how important breathing is when it comes to all the feeling associated with panic and anxiety.

Re-breathe into a paper bag. It doesnt have to be brown. Cover your nose and mouth. Breath normally, not deeply for a count of 5. Take the bag away. Count to 5, and start again. Do this for 15 minutes, and realise YOU are in control, and no matter how bad you feel, it WILL NOT HURT YOU x

Em.ma
11-01-11, 19:57
thanks. a nurse suggested the brown paper bag thing before. Ive been getting this issue for over a year now ( i only became anxious about my health a few months ago)
when i mean dead legs i cant walk on them when i stand without having to hold onto something until the blood flows back to my legs.
I get this after ive sat down for 2 mintutes. Also got really bad feeling in wrist and hand at moment which is making it hard to type :(

paula lynne
12-01-11, 00:49
Ok Emma. I understand you are not feeling good at the moment, but if you could just concentrate on learning to re-breathe properly, Im sure a lot of your sensations would ease x

daisycake
12-01-11, 01:00
Have to agree with Paula :) breathing properly will help a lot :) .. though I have to admit if my GP had asked me to do that Paula I don't know what I'd have done! Had enough of a job when they asked me to lie in a recliner seat thing for CBT (purely to prove that lying down/relaxing did not mean things were out my control - if that makes sense!)...