PDA

View Full Version : Panic Cloud

JoniEdwards
11-01-11, 20:52
Does anyone else feel like a "panic cloud" is looming over them every single day just waiting to rain down on them?

No matter what I'm doing, watching tv, doing laundry, chatting with my mom, listening to music, I feel as if theres this cloud hovering over me and following me around everywhere I go.

It's like I can't look forward to anything anymore because it's continuasly there , if I'm having a good day, I think, well there's that cloud just waiting to rain down on me so why bother being happy at all....

I have suffered from panic attacks since I was 6 years old, normally I can deal with them and I have, but this past year has been really bad...lost two family members, one from cancer, one from a drug overdose, i was terrified to get the swine flu..still kinda am....it's just like theres a huge weight on me and I have no reason for it...I should be the happiest girl in the world..I have a supportive husband and a wonderful family, I'm not sick in the slightest, (other then OCD & HA)

I just want rid of this "panic cloud" for lack of a better term....HELP please, I want to LIVE my life, I don't just want to bearly function thru it...I'm also kinda jealous of ppl who can go out to a mall or restaurant without a care in the world...I have atleast one panic attack while out =(

Thanks for listening dear group

Joni

eternally optimistic
11-01-11, 21:38
Hi Joni

The "cloud" is not good at all.

It is easy to be envious of people who "cope" with life a bit better than us, but remember they not be as happy and content as you are with some parts of your life.

Its not nice to be feeling like you are being held back, its is horrible.

You say you had a hard year and that is not good for anyone.

REMEMBER YOUR SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND AND WONDERFUL FAMILY that is what counts, along with your own well being.

Have you seen a counsellor or a doctor for guidance.

Good luck

StarryBlueGal
13-01-11, 16:57
Hi Joni...

Love your name - I think it's brilliant! Is it your real name or a nickname? I have the same name in real life!

Hope your panic improves soon....feel free to PM me.

Starry xx