PDA

View Full Version : negative thinking ?

honeyp1e
12-01-11, 01:45
why do i think think think ???? :lac:

i am not long recoverying from an eating disorder and still finding it hard ti just eat when am hungry the thing is am emetophobic and as i havent eaten for about 4months (started eating again 1month ago getting more & better by the days )
anyway i really think about how much am eating incase i over eat etc... i no i wont over eat as once i feel comfy i STOP eating but this can be at 4pm in the afternoon and i wont eat then till breakfast next morning
i want to eat better as i need to regain my weight again after losing it from not eating =(
but my main problem is NEGATIVE THINKING thats really getting me down i could wake up in the morning and have say 1 slice of toast and as am about to eat the other piece all my negative thoughts pop in **oh that is to much toast etc... and i will be like this all day then even if am hungry and i make myself a sandwich or something i obsess about oh just one bite or no more than half the sandwich or i will feel ill etc... some days i can just carry on eating but then somedays i just cant eat at all why wnt these thoughts just STOP or why cant i ignor them more???

the medication am on is just beta blockers (propranolol 80mg) i was on anti-depressions (citalopram 20mg) but i stopped taking them over 6months ago) should i get back on anti-depressions ???

i have an appointment in morning with a medication doctor o see what tablets are right for me so hopefully i will get bk on tablets soon and stop these thoughts

shaggyowen
12-01-11, 01:52
eating disorders r a very hard thing i got admited to orchard lodge like 5 years ago now and i know its very hard but im my case it was different cuz i just didnt eat alot that was my problem there was no reason for it, but anyways i know the struggle your going through the best thing you can do is shout in your head 'no' or even out loud if it helps and that with re focus your mind and help stop the negative thinking and when your head goes thats to much just think no it isnt and crack on and take at least 1 more bite rather than stoping cuz 1 bite wont make a difference but it will help beat the negative thought, hope this helps =]

honeyp1e
12-01-11, 07:32
eating disorders r a very hard thing i got admited to orchard lodge like 5 years ago now and i know its very hard but im my case it was different cuz i just didnt eat alot that was my problem there was no reason for it, but anyways i know the struggle your going through the best thing you can do is shout in your head 'no' or even out loud if it helps and that with re focus your mind and help stop the negative thinking and when your head goes thats to much just think no it isnt and crack on and take at least 1 more bite rather than stoping cuz 1 bite wont make a difference but it will help beat the negative thought, hope this helps =]

even though i knew people had eating disorders i always thought they were just doing it for attention!! but then i lost my appetite when my anxiety was at its high and never ate for a few months ithen realized how hard it was to try making yourself eat again etc.. i didnt realize how strong the mind was to have a hold over you........... but am just glad that i am now trying and hopefully i will get there in the end x