PDA

View Full Version : Plz help

anx mum
12-01-11, 09:38
Really cant cope:weep: had quite a good day yesterday til about 8pm my sister came down felt really anxious tearful was trying to talk to her normally but felt awful when she left broke down in tears had a suffoccatting feeling like i didnt have enough air. Went to bed feeling panicky and never slept. Today doing the school run has been awful found dressing the kids hard walked to school anxious still got this breathing feeling really scaring me

gaaron
12-01-11, 09:43
Hi, sorry you're feeling so bad. Well done for doing the school run! Are you able to have a rest now? If you are set an alarm to wake you up at a certain time (so you're not worried about over sleeping). If poss put on some relaxing music. xxx

ladybird64
12-01-11, 11:39
Bev, it's a shame that you find yourself back here in difficulties again but at least you have a bit of added knowledge at your disposal already!

The first thing that strikes me is it is your baby is just a couple of weeks old..I don't know any mum that gets decent sleep with a young baby!

I also wonder if there is maybe a touch of post natal depression that has kicked this off again..maybe worthwhile discussing it with your health visitor.

I know it's not much consolation but I'm sure you will have got some useful information from when you were here before so you know that Panics etc although awful are not harming you at all.

Nor will you run out of oxygen..your breathing will be faster because you are stressing that you are not breathing properly hence the faster heart rate. The doctor has given you propanolol but hasn't addressed your anxiety issues which is kind of putting the cart before the horse as it isn't tackling the reason you are feeling like this.

Maybe go back and discuss it with him/her.

Good luck :flowers:

anx mum
12-01-11, 11:45
Bev, it's a shame that you find yourself back here in difficulties again but at least you have a bit of added knowledge at your disposal already!

The first thing that strikes me is it is your baby is just a couple of weeks old..I don't know any mum that gets decent sleep with a young baby!

I also wonder if there is maybe a touch of post natal depression that has kicked this off again..maybe worthwhile discussing it with your health visitor.

I know it's not much consolation but I'm sure you will have got some useful information from when you were here before so you know that Panics etc although awful are not harming you at all.

Nor will you run out of oxygen..your breathing will be faster because you are stressing that you are not breathing properly hence the faster heart rate. The doctor has given you propanolol but hasn't addressed your anxiety issues which is kind of putting the cart before the horse as it isn't tackling the reason you are feeling like this.

Maybe go back and discuss it with him/her.

Good luck :flowers:

Thank u ladybird. U would think that i would be able to manage these anxiety symptoms better by now. They just terrify me and control me each time.