PDA

View Full Version : chest pains

pinkynicca
12-01-11, 17:16
hi im kind of in a panic...quit smoking new years havent touched one since... Woke up this morning and my chest really hurts...if i had or was having a heart attack i would know right... Also last night was having palps and skipped beats followed by a heavier thud....now im thinking crazy like i had a heart attack in my sleep...lameee...thanks guys

allergyphobia
12-01-11, 17:28
i think that quitting smoking can be quite hard as your body gets out all the gunk, your chest will probably be quite sore you will bringing up mucus etc, i think, so that might be why it is sore? stress could be causing the palps as you are missing the nicotine... try not to worry, look up on some stop smoking sites what to expect when you stop them as they will give you some positive tips and reassure you it's just the symptoms of quitting nothing sinister...

take care and well done for giving quitting a go, :)

nomorepanic
12-01-11, 17:40
A guy at work gave up New Year's eve and he said that he keeps waking up at night with a bad chest so I think it is probably that and it will get easier in time

pinkynicca
12-01-11, 17:52
thanks for the replies... Its wild that you feel worse after quitting than smoking for years... It hasnt even been too difficult either for me i knew it was time...i use to smoke to relieve stress and relax but for the past year all it did was make my anxiety worse and make me feel sick...i would be lost without this place thanks again

LucyR
12-01-11, 17:52
Hi, You did well to quit smoking on New Years Eve, keep it up, my worst hated habit in other people ever!!