PDA

View Full Version : I just want to be me again...

AnxiousM
12-01-11, 22:19
What is wrong with me now?! I thought I'd got rid of my anxiety. Now it's back or is it something else?

I'm constantly thinking about my breathing, so much that I'm causing myself to burp all day. I feel that I have a big squeeze over my chest all day. I keep feeling pains aroundy chest also.

I just want to be me again :weep:

Can anyone relate or help?

judipat
12-01-11, 23:20
I know it is very frustrating when anxiety/panic returns. I've been free for years sometimes, then ZAP, it comes back. Try not to react to it - dont get frightened by returning symptoms even if they are different ones.
It sounds as if you are over breathing (hyperventilating) which has always been one of my biggest problems - yes, it will make you burp a lot and will also give you wind pain elsewhere, particularly your chest. You may also have tingling in you hands/feet and may feel lightheaded.
Try to drop your shoulders, keep your body limp and take shallow breaths if necessary (dont keep trying to take deep breaths).
This is going to sound mad, but I find singing is really good - put your favorite music on and sing as loud as you can (I do it mainly on my own in the car or bathroom lol - my family think I'm mad enough!!!) anyway, someone once told me you have to breath properly to sing and it really does work. Try it.
Good luck
Judi

sarah_85
12-01-11, 23:31
i really feel for you, i feel the same. i actually said it in therapy yesterday, that i just cant remember what it feels like to be me. i know how the old me used to act, and i wasnt worried about any of the stuff i am now, like my breathing, my heartbeat any tiny twinge or ache and pain. all i can say is, i dont have the answer yet, i have good days and bad days, but therapy is helping me a lot and i'd recommend it if you arent having it already. at least i have some days where i feel nearly normal.
hang in there, you're not alone. it helps me when im worried about my breathing or heart to tell myself that these so called "symptoms" ie my anxiety, have been going on for about 6 months now. and if there was anything physically wrong with me, symptoms would be getting worse everyday and i'd be really poorly now. but my symptoms that worry me havent cause me any physical harm at all.
stay positive, i know you'll get there, dont let a set back make you feel too bad, it's all part of the road to recovery, the road isn't straight unfortunately. lots of love xxx