PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration needed!!!!!

ell1877
13-01-11, 14:51
Well I've been trying to beat my symptoms and that evil health anxiety but I'm finding it really hard at times,sometimes I think of my symptoms and I manage to just shrug them off and I actually cope were as other tines like Now I can't I have recently had a load of blood tests done and they all came back normal( yes there is something normal about me ) and I felt great when I got them results but a few months ago I felt a kind of lump at the bottom of my ribs towards my left hand side and its been constantly on my mind I had kept checking all the time but now I'm trying not to but I'm scared if I feel it I will really panic again the doctor examined all my stomach area etc and couldn't feel anything but I had definitely felt something
I really need simeone to tell me that it's ok if it was anything serious my blood tests would be abnormal and I don't need to keep checking to see if it's still there hmm am I expecting miracles lol
All I want us to stop stressing about it I give a quick examination n can't feel it but I know if I have a proper examination I'll find it again
Oh my god how sad am I just writing this makes me feel really stupid

chatterbox
16-01-11, 15:02
hi
Your gp did the tests for you and by the sounds of it gave you a good check up,try not to worry.All seems well

Greenman50
16-01-11, 21:12
Well I've been trying to beat my symptoms and that evil health anxiety but I'm finding it really hard at times,sometimes I think of my symptoms and I manage to just shrug them off and I actually cope were as other tines like Now I can't I have recently had a load of blood tests done and they all came back normal( yes there is something normal about me ) and I felt great when I got them results but a few months ago I felt a kind of lump at the bottom of my ribs towards my left hand side and its been constantly on my mind I had kept checking all the time but now I'm trying not to but I'm scared if I feel it I will really panic again the doctor examined all my stomach area etc and couldn't feel anything but I had definitely felt something
I really need simeone to tell me that it's ok if it was anything serious my blood tests would be abnormal and I don't need to keep checking to see if it's still there hmm am I expecting miracles lol
All I want us to stop stressing about it I give a quick examination n can't feel it but I know if I have a proper examination I'll find it again
Oh my god how sad am I just writing this makes me feel really stupid

Can,t believe theres so many people on here like me , i used to check a swollen gland under my arm , and a lump in the centre of my stomach , the gland went down on its own , and the stomach lump was my (spelling) sternum ? i think the doc said , she said several people come in a year when they first notice it and think its a lump , its more pronouced in slim people . I panicked that much i drank 8 cans of larger to stop shakeing .

I no longer check for lumps or bumps as if i find even i skin fold i think its a lump and then check the other side of my body to see if i have a matching pair . Trust your Doc and ignore it , or go back if you can,t get it out of your mind , i found the more i pressed my lumps the more compulsive i got over it .

I was a normal person 3 1/2 months ago