PDA

View Full Version : Soooo scared today

Lizzyg
13-01-11, 18:03
Not been out the house for a week as signed off from work at the moment.
went out today to the postoffice and I came back terrified and I don't know why??? Been going there for the last 20 years!
Now my chest feels tight, can't get my breath and shaking all over and don't know what to do??
I have to go to Doc's tomorrow for blood tests as have never been this bad before. He refuses to give me any meds until all avenues explored.
Feeling really desperate as before christmas had a full and busy life, loved my job and my social life. Now even scared to leave the house.
What is happening to me???:weep:

paula lynne
13-01-11, 19:02
Hi Lizzie, Im sorry you had a bad experience whilst out. Youve been in the house for a week, and with anxiety, it seems its playing you up, reminding you its there. You will breathe, try and calm down, I know its scary but it wont hurt you.

Its good your Doctor wants to explore all avenues before he decides that meds are the way to go, hes doing a thorough job by the sounds of it.

Please read the info in the left hand column about agoraphobia, as you know anxiety and agoraphobia are linked. You can nip this in the bud if you are fully informed about it. One thing you MUST NOT DO is stay at home right now. Even a 5 min walk in the day will tell your anxiety "You are not beating me!"

All the best at the doctors tomorrow, let us know how you get on. x
Paula x