PDA

View Full Version : Feel abandoned by friends

Jain
13-01-11, 21:55
Hi, newish here. Looking for some reassurance. Feel I'm always there for my friends when they have had problems. But since telling a couple of friends I'm not coping and feeling v down (I haven't told them all of it - I have paranoid thoughts, particularly about what people think of me), they haven't offered for me to talk to them or anything, which is what I would really like.

I'd like a bit of love and attention tbh. Am going to doctors tomorrow as I think I will have to go back on the sertraline that I finally came off gradually, then completely in September as the paranoid thoughts take over and really torment me. Much as I can rationalise.

I don't know how to deal with these friends, I'm barely functioning but have to cos I have work and children. I put on a good act, but dying inside. Feel let down.

Captain Caveman
13-01-11, 22:26
Hi Jain. It would be nice of your friends to offer support. Whilst in the end you may well need to decide they aren't true friends and you would rather go your serperate ways, I would suggest you don't jump to any conclusions about them just yet. I know from personal experience, I have thought people were rude and inconsiderate etc.. only to find out they were experiencing their own problems and there was a valid reason for their seemingly uncaring/unproffesional attitude. So perhaps you can have a chat to them and find out their thoughts about how they see your current situation. They probably don't realise how bad you are if you haven't revealed all. I would encourage you to do so. Then you will be able to decide whether they are true friends or not.

paula lynne
13-01-11, 22:34
Totally agree with Captain. I was devastated losing so many "friends" because of my anxiety and agoraphobia, but 10 years down the line the 3 mates who stuck by me are the best. The others didnt deserve me! :winks:

It will be a relief to say how you really feel, trust me on this, and your true mates will always be there. I know its a risk...the risk of losing them, but to deny how you feel is to deny who you are. You will be ok xx

"If you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell dont deserve me at my best" Marilyn Monroe

HarrogateChris
13-01-11, 22:39
I've experienced the loss of my best friend through my illness, I miss her a great deal and still love her. The pain has been awful, but it gets easier, I'm learning not to hang onto what is lost that only adds to my suffering.

:hugs:

Chris

suzy-sue
13-01-11, 23:08
People come into your life for a reason a season a lifetime.
When you know what one it is you will know what to do for that person .
When some one comes in your life for a reason it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you,through a difficulty .to provide you with support .
To aid you physically and emotionally or spiritually .
They may seem like a godsend ,and they are .
They are there for the reason you need them to be .
Then ,without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time ,This person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end .
Sometimes they die .Sometimes they walk away .
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand .
What we must realise is our needs have been met ,our desire ,fufilled ,their work is done .
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now its time to move on .

Some people come into your life for a season ,because your turn has come to share and grow or learn .
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh .
They may each you something you have never done .
They usually give you an inbelievable ammount of joy .
Believe it is real ,But only for a Season ...

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons .
Things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation .
Your job is to accept the lesson ,love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships ,and areas of you life
It is said love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE .
Whether you were a Reason .a Season .or a Lifetime ..

Sue x