PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram substituted for Propranolol .. NEED HELP

ConfusedEm
14-01-11, 00:07
Hi,

Im new here so usnure if im posting in the right section, If im not im SORRY!!

Ok, so yesterday I went to my doctors and there was a substitute doctor she seemed really nice anyhow I usually take 20mcg of citalopram daily ... but she told me to stop taking citalopram and perscribed me with 10mg of propranolol to take two times daily.

IM REALLY WORRIED .. How can I just stop taking citalopram, I thought I had to be weened of .. and today I was crying involuntary for the first time in AGES also I did find out my bf has Malaria and he's on holiday.

The propranolol has stopped my shakiness and beating heart but I need help guys what shall I do.. sorry for long post .. please please answer.

jopal
14-01-11, 01:23
I take propranolol too.I would think that if the gp prescribed it ,it is because it will do the same job as your original medication. So no need to worry.All the best:)

pinkprincess
14-01-11, 11:37
Hi you do need to wean off the citalopram, start by taking 10mg per day for a week then 5mg for the next week then every other day take 5mg, then even 2,5mg if you notice dizzyness, ill feelings etc, you can keep taking propranolol at the same time, its a beta blocker isnt it, i used to take 10mg of citalopram and beta blockers when i started up with my anxiety again in october, i am now on 20mg of citalopram only, i would never stop taking it i would always recommend to wean off it, xx