PDA

View Full Version : Flu/Cold while on Citalopram

dozwold
14-01-11, 00:09
Hi,
Im on week 4 of Cit and have developed a cold/ throat infection which could even be the flu. I have never felt so aweful from a cold, as i feel extremely tired to the point of feeling exhausted and dizzy (i wake up most nights multiple times from Cit side effects) and it doesnt help that im jetlagged as in the USA. I was wondering if anyone else had worse cold symptons than usual while using Cit, especially in the early days of using it. When I turn my head too fast i feel like I may fall down (even though im sitting down). My head is heavy and my ears have slight ringing. Im unsure if should keep lying in bed all day (and then have a rubbish sleep again in the night, thus exhagerating my symptoms again tommorow) or to force myself to get up and walk for a bit and get fresh air. is healing by resting or is too much rest bad for healing? p.s anxiety is coming back worse when ill and what doesnt help is I am in he USA visiting my girlfriend and have no health insurance here so there is always a worry in the back of my mind. Anxiety seems to also make you weaker and makes it difficult to fight infections from what I have heard.

Any advice would be appreciated
Dozwold