PDA

View Full Version : Help citalopram substituted for proranolol

ConfusedEm
14-01-11, 00:23
Hi,

Im new here so usnure if im posting in the right section, If im not im SORRY!!

Ok, so yesterday I went to my doctors and there was a substitute doctor she seemed really nice anyhow I usually take 20mcg of citalopram daily ... but she told me to stop taking citalopram and perscribed me with 10mg of propranolol to take two times daily.

IM REALLY WORRIED .. How can I just stop taking citalopram, I thought I had to be weened of .. and today I was crying involuntary for the first time in AGES also I did find out my bf has Malaria and he's on holiday.

The propranolol has stopped my shakiness and beating heart but I need help guys what shall I do.. sorry for long post .. please please answer.

jfc
14-01-11, 00:40
Hi

I am new here myself Em..but I was on Citalopram last year for depression, I was weaned off by my GP on a gradual reduction of dosage with no ill effects and i must say im suprised that you have just suddenly been discontinued and changed on to another medication.

what reason did the doctor give you for changing your medication? Where you having side effects to the Citalopram or was it not doing the trick?

Have you taken the Propranolol yet?

sorry I cant help more but someone wise will be along soon to help out

x

JaneC
14-01-11, 09:35
Hi Em :welcome: some people manage to come straight off ADs with no problems but others do suffer quite badly. Like JFC, I'm a bit surprised at a substitute doc coming in and changing your meds just like that. I;m glad the prop has helped with some of your symptoms but there is no reason why you should have to come off cit to take it. See how it goes, if you continually feel weepy and/or develop other symptoms I'd go back on the cit and speak to your own doc ASAP x