PDA

View Full Version : new to the site BUT NOT new to the illness!!

angelica1414
14-01-11, 01:54
hello thought id post my first thread here and introduce myself :)
my name is Linda and im 43, iv suffered with anxiety and depression for just over 21 years now, believe me iv had some good times during them years they havent all been bad.
my problems started after the birth of my 3rd baby, so was put down to post natal depression, i was hospitalized and got my meds sorted and was on amatriptaline for about 3 years, during that time i had two more babies and had to go through reducing doses and being monitored but all was ok with my babies. but after the last one the depression and anxiety got worse, so my doctor told me to try a new WONDER drug its name was seroxat or as we uk people know it paroxatine, well its 17 years later and im still on this wonder drug, no one said how hard it was to come off it!
over the years iv been on 20mg upped to 30mg back down to 20mg and was quite stable for some years, but september last year i took myself to the doctors and confessed id been fighting with myself over the depression and anxiety again for a long time, after trying to come off seroxat a few years earlier and failed he said it was no longer working and i needed to wean off it very slowly and start on a new anti depressant, i had to agree so i since september iv been reducing and im now on just 4mg of the WONDER drug. i was started on a new anti depressant <cant remeber the name at mo> and at first things wernt to bad apart from dealing with withdrawel from seroxat, then the past few months iv been living my life like im in hell, i went to see the phyciatrist today who was not happy that id been given the new tablets as they are reacting with my blood pressure tablets hence while im feeling worse! so he has told me to stop the new tablet, keep taking my 4mg of seroxat and put me on mirtazapine which led me to this site as i wanted to know more of this medication before taking it.
im not going to start these new tablets after reading what has been said, and i dont mean that in a negative way i think i need to go and talk with my GP to get these meds sorted once and for all, i hate the way the doctors dont seem to communicate with each other i mean its our lives there playing with!
well thats me introduced :yesyes:

diane07
14-01-11, 01:56
Hi angelica1414

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gaaron
14-01-11, 02:03
Hi angelica1414, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

JT69
14-01-11, 13:04
Hi Angelica,

Welcome to NMP....just wondered what put you off with mirtazipine as a few of us take it and it has helped enormously. I guess your phycatarist wanted you to try a different type of anti-depressant from the srri's.

Hope you get sorted out soon with your meds.

Take care
Jo.xx

Vanilla Sky
14-01-11, 17:58
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x