PDA

View Full Version : Health concern is ruining my life

billywhizz
14-01-11, 12:02
Recently i posted on here regarding a vertigo attack that i suffered, which set me back in my recovery.

Although it was 3 weeks ago that it happened, and even the doctor said it was vertigo and i need not worry to much, i have stressed myself out so much about it that i seem to have developed other symptoms that are worrying me even more so.

So far this year i have been right back in my old despair days, with the vertigo and dizziness i have been experiencing. But on 4th of jan my wifes grandad passed away and this wednesday was the funeral.

We had to travel from the midlands over to suffolk and we stayed for 2 nights, but the stress of the whole event has really taken its toll on me.

Since yesterday morning my left arm has a dull ache, and my hand seems to have lost some strength (a similar feeling to when your hands are freezing and you cant grip things). Also my right shoulder and wrist joints are quite painful when i move them. Also got a fuzzy head a lot of the time, feels like a bit of a tension headache. I've also recently had a real bad sinus cold which has messed up my ears and my eyes, my ears are still feeling a little full and my eyes heavy.

Now deep down i am pretty sure that its just all about tension,

BUT....

I cant help thinking that ive had a stroke! why would i be thinking like that, ive spent way to much time worrying and searching symptoms that im almost sure im done for.

Any reassurance would be nice to hear, i would usually see the Doc today but its fully booked apart from emergencies.

Thank you

billywhizz
14-01-11, 15:21
Does this mean im done for then :ohmy:

blueangel
14-01-11, 15:29
This sounds more to me that it's a combination of tension and sleeping in an uincomfortable position to be honest.

If you're really worried about stroke, the quick diagnosis is:

FACE = are both sides of your face in their normal positions - as in, can you smile properly?
ARMS = can you lift both arms properly above your head?
SPEECH = can you speak properly?

If all these things are OK, then it's very unlikely that you've had a stroke.

hope this is helpful....