PDA

View Full Version : what do u think?

missykat
14-01-11, 12:02
i have been on the pill now for nearly a year. im mostly aiming this question to people who are on the pill or have been on the pill. i take my pill everyday i do not miss a pill. altho frequently a few hours later than i should sometimes even ten hours later but no biggie i assume as long as u take it. anyway just wondering if u were pregnant wile still on the pill wud u still get ure withdrawel bleed even if u were pregnant?? anybody have this happen to them before?? im a bit suspicious that i may be pregnant nausea fatigue and frequent urination espec at night. so wud love to know about this

diane07
14-01-11, 12:13
Hmm not sure on that one missy, you could always do a test to rule it out.

di xx

blueangel
14-01-11, 12:18
As far as I know, it's technically possible to get a withdrawal bleed and still be pregnant, but it's not very common. As Diane says, the quickest way to find out is to do a test, as they're pretty accurate.

ladybird64
14-01-11, 12:22
Hi Missy

I guess a lot of this depends on the type of pill you are taking.

If memory serves (:winks:) the mini-pill has to be taken at the same time every day, the other types are different but I think a gap of ten hours is a lot!

Please don't think I'm rude but if you do want to prevent pregnancy maybe another method would be more suitable for you..if you're not following the instructions you may well end up pregnant.

Seems a bit hit and miss to me. :shrug:

I agree with Di, I think you need to go and get a test done, docs or chemists are the best people to advise on this one.

missykat
14-01-11, 12:43
thanks for all the replies. i will get a test today. and ladybird u are not at all been rude. i just assumed that if u take ure pill between the time frame of 12 hours u wud be protected? i will let ye know anyway. thanks. already have one little one so dont want another one just yet

AllInMyHead
14-01-11, 15:04
I think a few hours late is fine. I missed a pill entirely a couple of years ago and rang NHS direct to see if I needed to get a morning after pill (it was Sunday and we were snowed in, so getting to a chemist was tricky!). The very nice lady told me that up to 24 hours late just take it as soon as you remember (even if that means taking 2 at once), assuming that you usually take them on time. So hopefully you should be fine.

Obviously this depends what pill it is, how far through the packet you are, and how well you usually take it - so please don't anyone reading this think it's fine to miss pills regularly, that would definitely be asking for trouble :doh:

missykat
14-01-11, 18:30
im on ovranette. took test today and phew it was negative :) im gunna take my pills on time now in future. maybe the next time i wont be as lucky. thanks for all the replies