PDA

View Full Version : Different brand

mitsit
14-01-11, 17:26
Hi,
Have been taking propranolol for migraines since August and was delighted with the results - no more migraines and if i did get a headache a couple of paracetamol would sort it out! But last week i picked up my propranolol from pharmacy and they gave me a different brand and my headaches have come back :mad: Is it a coincidence or what? Has anyone else used a different brand than usual and had any problems? Many thanks

cthechick84
08-02-11, 22:05
With my beta blockers BISOPROLOL i take yes different brand names work differently like bisoprolol fumate doesnt work for me as good as the other brand cardicor i bought this up to my doctor and he aggreaded with me that it may not have same effect because of how there digested so were right its usually the tablets that arent film coated work better for me. hope this makes sense and i understand what your saying .xxxx tell your doc the exact brand then they can state this on your prescripton thats what theyve done for me. all the bestx

mitsit
09-02-11, 13:10
Thank you for that reply,have now got it put on my prescription which brand works better for me :) x