PDA

View Full Version : have to know what this is :@

Em.ma
14-01-11, 22:38
i just got the not breathing thing for two seconds again. scary. i actually cant breathe for a few seconds i still have the feeling in my throat that its gonna happen again. its not consant i get it about twice/three times a week. My neck was also sore for a while. I cant actually breathe when it happens. I also get bad reflux. been burping up vomit again today. :wacko:
Really worried im gonna chock and not be able to breathe. i also get some weird sensations in my throat sometimes to.

Em.ma
14-01-11, 22:58
scared out my mind and stupidly googled for the 1st time in months :@ angry with my self.
What if its the early signs of an ashtma attack :( i used to have it midly when i was a child.
Ive had my lungs listened to by the doc two weeks ago and he checked my throat but im scared. why am i getting this, it stops me breathing for a few seconds.

Em.ma
14-01-11, 22:59
could it be because of rexflux and ive also had sinus issues which are clearing up now.

Em.ma
14-01-11, 23:01
also im never anxious when it happens, im having fun and it happens. sometimes like five times a week i get a tight feeling in throat to

Em.ma
15-01-11, 10:28
managed through the night BUT still hugely scared of this. can feel something weird in throar now but dont know what

Frozen in fear
15-01-11, 10:37
managed through the night BUT still hugely scared of this. can feel something weird in throar now but dont know what

anxiety i get this mostly evening time to dont know y because i feel relaxed but still get it

Em.ma
15-01-11, 10:39
thanks, do you get it for a couple of seconds when you cant breathe. Im worried all the gunk from having sinus issues has blocked up my throat.

Horse
15-01-11, 10:47
Whoa Em, calm down!

This is a classic Anxiety symptom.

Needless to say, most of us here have experienced this. The 'vomit' that you had in your throat was just acid. Try some charcoal tablets from the chemist.

The more you focus on your throat, the more you will become obsessed with the symptoms. I for one suffer exactly the same. Stinging throat when I swallow (just acid).

You'll be OK.

Horse.

scaredstiff695
15-01-11, 10:56
anxiety i get this mostly evening time to dont know y because i feel relaxed but still get it

yeah im same i feel poop today wth blocked sinus and achy body from massive pani8c attack last night, and on a evening even if i feel same asi do no my anxiety will kick in stronger xxx

Em.ma
15-01-11, 11:23
thanks. i really hate it when i cant take in-let out any air for a couple of seconds though. been burping like mad already this morning. might take some rennee as thats the only thing we have in the house.

scaredstiff695
15-01-11, 11:39
yeah can do but also rememebr (like me with my chest pain) the more i think about it the worst the pain is and the more i focus on my breathing hard as it os try to not think about it.

Em.ma
15-01-11, 11:57
thanks. i know i should stop thinking about it :) got really bad indgestion reflix today. growling/rumbling in stomach.chest. sometimes throat and burped about 100 times and feel slightly sickly. does my throat closing up for a few seconds have to do with this :S

scaredstiff695
15-01-11, 12:13
i dont no im not a doctor hun but all i would say is it sounds like form all your previous posts you got the flu but your anxiety is making t bigger. Instead of googling your syptoms google sinustitus if thats what doc said s wrong. i think your throat could be from the cold i fele lke mnes got something stuck down it lol or ot could be part of your anxiety worries making something bigger than what it is.
if you thnk about soething fo rtoo lomg you will start ito imagine all sorts of different things xx

Em.ma
15-01-11, 12:57
thanks. i feel like theres snot down my throat and that its going to get blocked and i wont be able to breathe lol

Em.ma
15-01-11, 13:02
also its not a sore throat it actually closes up for a couple of seconds sometimes and i cant breathe or anything. it feels like im suffocating.

Em.ma
15-01-11, 13:56
im really scared the acid has gone into my lungs and cause complications breathing because i know it can do that.
when i get the know breathing thing (its not anixety because i actually cant breathe AT ALL) i get it out the blue when im having fun (had it about four times this week) burped about 50 times in one hour today and rumbling chest/stomach/throat

also had chronic sinus issues- bad facial, nose, head pain and dizziness. could this have blocked up my throat and cause lung issues

Em.ma
15-01-11, 15:04
this is really affecting me today. ive been going to the toilet about every 30 mins today because im so anxious.

Inapickle
15-01-11, 17:09
Hi sorry your having a rough time, i too suffer from acid reflux and have had trouble getting my breath, one time it was so bad i went to hospital, the doctors there said i was having larygospasms because of the acid in my throat. They gave me acid tablets and i now only have it mybe twice a month.
I know how scary it is not to be able to breath in or out the trick is not to panic and know your breathing will always return!!
You should pop back to you doctors and tell them whats happening and to help with the acid.
Can you tell me do you get a tickle in your throat and a need to cough when it happens?:bighug1:

Em.ma
15-01-11, 17:12
:hugs: thanks, i dont get a tickle or a need to cough, just the not being able to breathe haha. its very scary :D

Em.ma
15-01-11, 17:14
i just looked up larygospasms and isnt it dangerous?

Inapickle
15-01-11, 17:23
No not when its because of acid the one your thinking of is when you have an operation. I think your problems will go when your acid is under control.
I always get a warning when its going to happen so i drink lots of water im never more then 2 feet away from a drink lol its so so scary

Em.ma
15-01-11, 17:26
thanks. im convinced im going to suffocate or collaspe of ear infection at the moment lol.
I have sinus nose pain still and a snotty feeling on throat.

Em.ma
15-01-11, 17:27
i also had dizziness when my sinuses were really bad.

daisycake
15-01-11, 17:36
Yeah that happens, I am often dizzy when I get the cold - never understood why exactly but it does go together. Hope you feel better soon xx

Em.ma
15-01-11, 17:42
thank you x :D
how do you know if you need antio biotics for a sinus infection? because i feel things in my ear to and my doc said my ear drum was slightly affected. i still get the aches in my nose and nausea but my headache is nearly gone and my dizziness is gone x im scared ive got a bacterial infection instead of a viral one lol. my eyes also feel fizzy/achy/sore aswell. Im straight down the docs on monday i think to make a app for as soon as possible lol. at the moment got a throat full of snotty salivia stuff (suffocating:S?)

Em.ma
15-01-11, 20:31
:@ annoyed at my self for even posting this but ive been feeling slight discomfort mainly in right ear. doc said two weeks ago he could see something there (he didnt say what). i had chronic sinus issues for about 9 days (clearing up now thank god) do you think the ear feelings are anxiey/ a result of blocked sinuses or an ear infection :(

punkprincess19
15-01-11, 20:59
i just got the not breathing thing for two seconds again. scary. i actually cant breathe for a few seconds i still have the feeling in my throat that its gonna happen again. its not consant i get it about twice/three times a week. My neck was also sore for a while. I cant actually breathe when it happens. I also get bad reflux. been burping up vomit again today. :wacko:
Really worried im gonna chock and not be able to breathe. i also get some weird sensations in my throat sometimes to.

Hi em.ma
I get the exact same thing! It's had me in a right mess the past couple of months! My doctor doesn't even seem bothered by it but it scares the crap outta me when it happens! I can only describe it as being like someone has just given my lungs a squeeze, the air is pushed out and I can't take a breath in! I get it loads and I hate it! it's definitely the worst symptom I've had! I'm going to keep going back to my doctor until she actually listens to me and finds out what is wrong with me!

Em.ma
15-01-11, 21:02
thank you. maybe see a different doctor if you can :)
it scares me to x i cant breathe for 2-3 seconds lol
at the moment more focused on my ears so feeling that a lot lol.
i also have a snotty/saliva feeling in my throat.
I hope you get the help you want :)

Em.ma
15-01-11, 21:04
i feel more like someones squeezing my throat though x

Em.ma
15-01-11, 22:04
when i swallow as well it makes my ears worse-------- got a really bad throat at moment, sore, snotty but dry :@

carla g
15-01-11, 22:15
i had this not long ago i went to the docs and they said it wos my anxiety i then went to the walk in at the hosp and they said i had a ear infection and gave me abs for it, it has gone now but i still find breathing hard and i can be sat down and not notice that i have stopd breathing in sound stupid doesent it lol, im sure this is your anxiety as iv had it since my anxiety come on and when im out doing stuff i dont notice it as mutch but as soon as im home it starts again x

Em.ma
15-01-11, 22:44
thanks, i dont know why i think its an ear infection. can your ears be affetced after having bad sinus issues. I get blurry eyes/ear problems (made worse by swallowing) and throat problems.

carla g
15-01-11, 22:46
i had all of them when my anxiety first started and it wos a case of the more i thought about it the worse it got so i started to block it out and it has really help, i think sinuse can effect your ears but im not 100 per cent sure x

Em.ma
15-01-11, 22:49
thanks. still got the headache, pain in nose (not no were near as bad) from my sinuses.

carla g
15-01-11, 22:57
have u tried puting your head over steaming water i did this around 3 times a day when my sinuses were playing up and it seemd to help, it will get better and it scary at first but the main thing is you havto realise it is just your anxiety and it will get less and less x

macc noodle
15-01-11, 23:21
Hi Emma

My teenage son has really bad sinuses following this horrible fluey virus thing going round and he keeps getting nose pain and sensation plus fuzzy eyes, headache etc.

Plus honey, you are showing really classic anxiety symptoms on top of any virus/sinus issues you may have.

:)