PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine??

pammybelfast
15-01-11, 00:25
Hi I have been on cipelrax for 2 years now and it's stopped working so doctors have give me Mirtazapine to try, I was on 10mg of ciperlax and have cut down to 5mg so can I just start my new med tomorrow???

I would also b grateful for any1 who uses mirtazapine to give me information on it please

Many thanks xxxx

JT69
15-01-11, 10:26
Hi Pammy,

I have taken mirtazipine since February of last year (previously took citalopram and it stopped working for me)....it really helped me into a much better place,

When first taking it I experienced sleepiness....never slept so long....and heavy almost drunk like feeling for a few days....this soon settles. I also gained alot of weight with it which I know need to now address, this can be controlled though apparantly but i couldnt control it.

There are a few of us on here take it so ask for advice at anytime and let us know how you get on.

Hope it helps you as it has done me.

Jo.xx

anx mum
15-01-11, 10:32
Hi I have been on cipelrax for 2 years now and it's stopped working so doctors have give me Mirtazapine to try, I was on 10mg of ciperlax and have cut down to 5mg so can I just start my new med tomorrow???

I would also b grateful for any1 who uses mirtazapine to give me information on it please

Many thanks xxxx

what mg u on?

ash1807
15-01-11, 17:57
Been on 15 mg Mirtz since Christmas. I was on 30mg Citalop[ram which I have weeaned to about 10mg.

I almost gave up on Mirtz since it knocked mt out for a full day. Things much btter, though I still struggle to get up in the mornings and still ache in the joints.

But most importantly, I am beginning to perk up which is such a relief. I will up it to 30mg at the end of the month.

Like any AD, give it time and ride out any initialy side effects:scared15: and the benfits later will surely be worth it

marie.s
15-01-11, 21:28
ive been on this for nearly two years now.. i take 45mg of it plus 30 mg of escitalopram.. side effects dont last long.. i take mirt at night and escitalopram in the morning.. they both saved my life...

pammybelfast
15-01-11, 22:58
hi every1, thanks for the replies, i took my last ciprelax today so should i try this new one 2nite or 2morrow nite as it says one every nite, really hope it helps lift my moods and pray i dont gain weight

many thnks every1 ill keep u all poste xxx

ElizabethJane
16-01-11, 17:35
Hi Pammy I'm also on 45mg mirtazapine and 1,000mg lithium. The benefits do outweigh the negatives for me. Most people do gain weight whilst taking mirtazapine but if you eat sensibly and exercise you will probably be able to lessen its effects. EJ.