PDA

View Full Version : Scared

dodo
15-01-11, 14:24
I need somewhere to voice my worries. I hope no one minds.

We're doing the whole not telling anyone till the scan thing and I'm struggling badly with my anxiety.

I have a huge anxiety about my heart and am convinced I have heart failure or something.

I already have one toddler who I love so very much but struggle with because if my anxieties.

I am so worried about how I'm going to cope with two, how my first child will feel. They will only have just turned two when the new baby comes.

I keep waking in the morning feeling like I'm being smothered and can't breath, I'm exhausted even trying to walk up the stairs or do housework. I'm only a couple of weeks gone, ms hasn't even started yet.

I'm just terrified of coping and my health.

anx mum
15-01-11, 14:50
I need somewhere to voice my worries. I hope no one minds.

We're doing the whole not telling anyone till the scan thing and I'm struggling badly with my anxiety.

I have a huge anxiety about my heart and am convinced I have heart failure or something.

I already have one toddler who I love so very much but struggle with because if my anxieties.

I am so worried about how I'm going to cope with two, how my first child will feel. They will only have just turned two when the new baby comes.

I keep waking in the morning feeling like I'm being smothered and can't breath, I'm exhausted even trying to walk up the stairs or do housework. I'm only a couple of weeks gone, ms hasn't even started yet.

I'm just terrified of coping and my health.

Hi hun like u im suffering from anxiety and panic attacks had my daughter 3 weeks ago but started 2 weeks before she was born was anxious about the birth. Like u im getting a horrible smothering feeling the worse symptom of all when i get it panic just takes over and i lose control also had pains in chest worrying bout heart.

dodo
15-01-11, 15:02
That's when mine started with my first. Is it your first? Have you had support from the midwives etc?

anx mum
15-01-11, 15:09
That's when mine started with my first. Is it your first? Have you had support from the midwives etc?

No have had anxiety/ panic for years on and off. Thought it had gone for good intil i got it back middle of dec i was anxious about the birth got 2 boys aswell so dont know why i was worrying. Had a little girl and love her to bits this anxiety and panic is awful no havent really had any support from midwifes or health visitor just tell me to do breathing exercises.

Genie
20-01-11, 11:24
Hi Dodo,

I'm 34 weeks with my first and have had terrible anxiety. Do talk to your GP, and ask them if you have a mental health midwife in your area. I have seen mine since the beginning and she has been amazing - has really kept me going. It's less scary than it sounds: they deal with a whole range of people. I don't think I would have coped without mine.

I've also had cbt, which has helped a bit, and which you could try if you haven't before: your GP should be able to refer you.

My anxiety is all health related: I actually have a heart problem, so know how you feel. Right now, I have been ill for the past 6 weeks with a throat infection, exhaustion, breathlessness. I have had some blood results come back with some really scary results and am terrified of seeing my consultant today. Just try to be honest with the doctors: the more you tell them, the more they can help.

dodo
21-01-11, 14:15
Ty for your reply. I hope your meeting went well and your results are ok?

I am terrified I have an undiagnosed heart problem that will cause me to have a ha. I hope you are managing well with your actual condition.

I have spoken to my gp and she is referring me to the mental health pregnancy team.

Strangely my hormones seem to gave settled down and I feel s bit calmer now. Although I am still pretty anxious and not sleeping well. And I'm worried my anxiety and panicking may have harmed the development of the baby. Guess I won't know till week 12!