PDA

View Full Version : new member

jaynemarie
15-01-11, 13:48
Hi all my name is Jayne and i have recently been diagnosed with health anxiety. I have a good life, great family and brilliant friends so how come i am nervous wreck ?
I think i have been like this since a kid and definately had bouts of OCD from a young age and anxiety does run in our family !
At the mo i am suffering from throat tension and lump sensation, driving me mad. I am hoping you can help me to learn how to deal with this, cause i feel as if i am wasting my life away worrying about it. Have been to the doctors and they advise it is all stress related, but i cant accept that.
I am on Venlaflaxine 75mg for about 2 months and now have bad indigestion which doesnt help with the throat problems.

Am i going mad ? I have 3 gorgeous kids who i normally play on the wii with, and dance around with, but now sit in the chair and worry instead. I just want ME back !

Thanks for listening, hope your all doing well and looking forward to being able to chat to you all

Jayne xxx

nomorepanic
15-01-11, 13:50
Hi jaynemarie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jaynemarie
15-01-11, 14:06
thanks Nicola, looking now actually x

Vanilla Sky
15-01-11, 14:53
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paulst
15-01-11, 14:54
Hi jaynemarie, welcome to NMP, really glad you found us,:)

Frozen in fear
15-01-11, 15:01
Hi all my name is Jayne and i have recently been diagnosed with health anxiety. I have a good life, great family and brilliant friends so how come i am nervous wreck ?
I think i have been like this since a kid and definately had bouts of OCD from a young age and anxiety does run in our family !
At the mo i am suffering from throat tension and lump sensation, driving me mad. I am hoping you can help me to learn how to deal with this, cause i feel as if i am wasting my life away worrying about it. Have been to the doctors and they advise it is all stress related, but i cant accept that.
I am on Venlaflaxine 75mg for about 2 months and now have bad indigestion which doesnt help with the throat problems.

Am i going mad ? I have 3 gorgeous kids who i normally play on the wii with, and dance around with, but now sit in the chair and worry instead. I just want ME back !

Thanks for listening, hope your all doing well and looking forward to being able to chat to you all

Jayne xxx This is how i feel every day most days just lay a round in fear

gypsywomen
15-01-11, 15:04
hi:welcome:

jaynemarie
17-01-11, 12:01
Thanks for everyones kind words, hoping to speak to you on chat as soon as i am allowed access x