PDA

View Full Version : panic attack

marty
15-03-04, 22:08
Hi im martin single male i suffer from really bad panic attacks at times im 25 living on the outskirts of london.When i have my panic attacks it feels as though im having a heart attack,i can hardly breath and sometimes i have too run too a place of comfort its really awful but i guess a lot of you would already know all about that.
Im really interested in talking too people especially localish too me but from anywhere really,my email is <removed> so pls email me or else chat on this thread would be great mine started six years ago after taking amphetamine

sweetwater
16-03-04, 02:33
Hi Marty,
You are not alone. Panic attacks can totally undermine your faith in yourself and shred your confidence, and it is not uncommon for people to present to hospital believing they are having a heart attack, which turns out to be a massive panic attack. They are frightening and you feel like you're gonna die, particularly if it's a big one, but I guess the only thing I can say is- you must try really hard to remind yourself that it is a feeling and it will pass. Deep breathing from the abdomen also helps me to calm down...But perhaps you need to ask yourself why you feel this way? Is there a specific thing/situation that brings on an attack, or do they seem to come out of nowhere? For me panic attacks are a symtom of an underlying problem...perhaps speaking to a therapist would be helpful because once you understand why you react the way you do, you don't freak out as much because you understand what's going on, and you realise that's there are plenty of people in the same boat...
I've had some bad panic attacks myself coming off drugs and alcohol and a few while on them, which really sux, because that definitely was not the aim...lol. For some people, drugs seem to spark illness in people, and for others like me, the illness was already there, and it was a way of coping and blocking out the feelings...much love to everyone. xx.

nomorepanic
16-03-04, 14:24
Marty

Welcome to the message forum.

There are a few people on here that started suffering after taking drugs so do a search and you will find the posts.

I hope you find some great help on here.

Nicola

Meg
16-03-04, 15:42
Dear Marty,

Welcome to the site. Recreational drugs are the cause of many peoples panic attcaks and axiety. They change how you feel and teh brain doesn't always like the changes ..

They will go with time and some effort. Be patient and kind to yourself.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
16-03-04, 18:41
Hiya Marty and Swee****er,

Just wanted to welcome you both to the site.

You will find loads of help and support here.

If you read through the different topics you will find similar if not exact stories as your own. We all have suffered for one reason or another, but from my experience on here I have been surprsied at the stories people have shared that are exactly like mine.
Which makes it a little easier to cope knowing there are loads of us sufferers all around the world feeling the same way I do.

Marty the symptoms you mention are "CLASSIC" panic symptoms. Like Meg said though "THEY WILL GO WITH TIME, EFFORT AND PATIENCE" and you must be kind to yourself!!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope you all are having an anxiety/panic free day :-D

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

marty
16-03-04, 20:48
thanks very much for your kind words everyone,i am better than i was but i still have the problem,its just not as massive as it was once,i hope you are all fine today and thank you.

diana
17-03-04, 15:22
Thank you for the post Marty.

Hope you are feeling better today than yesterday :).

Take care,

Diana xxxx

stimpy
18-03-04, 09:04
Hi Marty
Nice to meet you.

We are all in the same boat. We've all had the "heart attack", the feeling of not being able to breathe and having to run to a place of comfort and safely.

It takes time, patience and small steps. But mainly it takes the strength
to know where your problem is coming from and not beating yourself up about it.

Good luck, we are a lovely bunch really, and only to happy to help.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

marty
28-04-04, 18:37
thank you very much stimpy

benoo5
28-04-04, 23:47
hello martin,my name is bryan,and i live six days in croydon,and two days in lincoln,on a rota basis...but thats a long story.

what part of london,do you live...maybe i can be of help to you.

best wishes....bryan.