PDA

View Full Version : Ate an undercooked burger, reassurance needed

ZMan
16-01-11, 00:15
I finished work quite late so reckoned I'd quickly grab something from Burger King before going home.

It was very busy and only three members of staff in so they were over-streached.

Ordered me meal, sat down and proceeded to eat it. The burger was very chewy and a bit cold but the edge bits were edible. When I got to the centre and had at 2/3 of the burger after eating the entire edges I saw that the meat in the middle was indeed very pale and after trying to eat a bite was way too chewy. I left it and ate the chips before leaving.

However, I'm very worried eating the uncooked whopper will do me major harm, will it and can it?

nomorepanic
16-01-11, 00:25
No cos people eat steak tartar (sp?) which is raw meat so it is fine

suzy-sue
16-01-11, 00:27
If the meat wasnt red it was cooked .They do cook things and keep them ,sometimes on the warmer .If this is the case you will be ok .Frozen food that isnt cooked properly can give you a jippy tummy ,Usually within 4 hours of eating .Next time send it back if the edges are cold ,busy or not busy food should be piping hot .I ve eaten burgers like that and have been ok .Try not to worry .sue

KK77
16-01-11, 00:52
I would have given the staff a whopper if they served me such crap :lac:

I'm sure it won't harm you but I would avoid such trashy joints personally. Burgers don't need much cooking anyway but it's still not acceptable.

suzy-sue
16-01-11, 00:58
Im partial to the odd Big MAC :winks: Beef is ok Zman but if it was chicken and pork it s a different story ..Sorry meant to say that earlier ..t/c SUE X

KK77
16-01-11, 01:01
I prefer Donnas Suzy ;)

ZMan
16-01-11, 01:24
Thanks everyone :D

uk23
16-01-11, 04:31
I used to eat raw steak all the time, never did anything to hurt me. Infact most of my family eat raw beef.

Some see it as a little odd but its tasty.