PDA

View Full Version : let down

cluck
16-01-11, 00:29
hi guys feeling low i have been doing so well i felt like a different person, my medication was working and i have nearly finished my cbt, then bam up pops a panic attack for no reason i feel like i have let my self down :weep:

Captain Caveman
16-01-11, 00:42
then bam up pops a panic attack for no reason Hi. Everything happens for a reason. It's our job to learn from our experiences. Having a panic attack is your body letting you know you aren't yet in harmony. You can learn from this and become better off from the experience.

i feel like i have let my self down :weep:

Don't get down on yourself. Love yourself no matter what.

gaaron
16-01-11, 02:34
Hi Cluck, You haven't let yourself down. You should be proud of yourself for what you have achieved. It's absolutely normal to have a 'blip'. I bet you dealt with it differently. xx

Nigel
16-01-11, 02:59
Hi Cluck,

Imagine for a moment that you’re walking down the street and I walk up closely behind you, and you don’t notice me. Suddenly I shout BOO!! in your ear. What happens – apart from you uttering a few words we cannot print here, and me getting thumped! Might you also have experienced a panic attack?

See... it’s impossible to never have them because they’re a natural part of being human. It’s your body getting ready to fight or flee, or sometimes freeze while it considers what to do next. So it’s not a failure or a let down because it’s an automatic instinctive response that we all have.

But sometimes that panic response is triggered when there’s no real danger – a false alarm. The thing to do then is to recognise that there’s no danger and try to carry on as normal. This will soon teach your mind that that particular situation is perfectly safe and it’ll be less likely to respond with panic next time.

Be proud of your achievements, and keep up the progress :)

Nigel

donnaanderson
16-01-11, 14:51
know exactly how your feeling on 9th cbt and med and bang had massive panic attack went to a and e for another ecg all fine of course feel frustrated and angry want my life back trying so hard exercise definately helps and just started yoga keep chin up we are not mad x