PDA

View Full Version : Hey ...

Urzu6
16-01-11, 02:35
Hey guys.

Im not sure what to say really ... using a forum like this is new to me.

Im not used to asking for help with emotional things, but my self-esteem really needs some work. I keep thinking Im getting in people's way, and that how I feel about things doesnt matter. Constantly feel like Im on my own all the time too.

Just posting this feels like Im whining, even though I know the forum;s really here to ask for help....

diane07
16-01-11, 02:37
Hi Urzu6

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

PrinceOfWorry
16-01-11, 08:45
The best thing about this place is that we are all humans with some very similar issues. Something to remember is that you are never alone in this world if you are able to open your arms to those around you. In this sense, "those around you" might be this forum.

We'll do all we can to help you sort things out. I know I've suffered similar feelings. Especially a few years ago while working in a marketing firm. The constant sensation of hopeless uselessness and disrespect was toxic. My only advice is to just remember that the job or other life situation is impermanent. Just as you might feel as you do in this one environment, you might find yourself in another environment where your value is realized and you feel part of a team.

Find local meetups or groups of people that share interests with you. Realizing that the world is vast and mostly benevolent is very freeing.

Best of luck and welcome.