PDA

View Full Version : taking mirtazapine while pregnant????

devonvicky
16-01-11, 10:08
just wondered if anyone knows about or has taken mirtazapine while pregnant???? not sure if i am yet but have to get a pregnancy test tomorrow...really worried if i am that i will never get off mirtazapine....i know some people have said doc's prescribed this tab to people with severe morning sickness,if this is the case it must be safe....i suffer with emetophobia (fear of vomiting) so im in panic already.just need a bit of advise and reassurance plse guys xxx

ElizabethJane
16-01-11, 17:15
For the first trimester it is advisable not to be on anything. If you are pregnant then your doctor will help you to come off mirtazapine very quickly. I have heard people being on mirtazapine for nausea but not whilst being pregnant. During the first three months your baby will be doing most of its growing and all the vital organs will be formed. You should feel less anxious during the pregnancy I know I did. I was taking dothiepin for the last few months of my pregnancy but in hindsight wished I hadn't. I'm sure your doctor/midwife will want what is best for you. Coming off mirtazapine might not be very pleasant and I found this to be so. I am currently taking 45mg mirtazapine. Whatever the outcome of the pregnancy test let us know. EJ.