PDA

View Full Version : venlflaxine/effexor side effects

jaynemarie
16-01-11, 10:17
Hiya hope someone might me able to answer this question for me. I have been put on venlaflaxine 75mg for health anxiety, at the time is was stress related headaches, which then moved to rib pain, you name i think i have got it lol. What i am interested to find out is since i have been on them i have managed to deal with nasty side effects but now have a lump in throat sensation and sore throat. I wouldnt say i have acid but i do get a tight feeling across chest and this lump is driving me mad ! Can this drug give you reflux cause i have never suffered with it before and i am wondering if thats what it is. I have been on the tabs for 2 half months, i gotta be honest wish i hadnt started. thanks in advance xxx:wacko:

judipat
16-01-11, 10:27
Hi
Thought you might like to read this;
http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/54974-mirtazapine-and-venlaflaxine/
Cut and paste into your browser.
Judi xx

Geoff2301
16-01-11, 12:58
Hiya hope someone might me able to answer this question for me. I have been put on venlaflaxine 75mg for health anxiety, at the time is was stress related headaches, which then moved to rib pain, you name i think i have got it lol. What i am interested to find out is since i have been on them i have managed to deal with nasty side effects but now have a lump in throat sensation and sore throat. I wouldnt say i have acid but i do get a tight feeling across chest and this lump is driving me mad ! Can this drug give you reflux cause i have never suffered with it before and i am wondering if thats what it is. I have been on the tabs for 2 half months, i gotta be honest wish i hadnt started. thanks in advance xxx:wacko:
Think you'll find the lump in the throat/sore throat is caused by stress/anxiety..... quite a common symtom. I've been on venlafaxine for about 3 weeks now....... fortunately, no side effects at all and feeling a lot better....... suspect thats nothing to do with the meds as improved 3 days after starting them and usually these things take a few weeks to see an improvement.
If you can just try and ignore the throat sensation, it will just disappear in a short time.

Geoff

jaynemarie
16-01-11, 13:06
Thanks Geoff, i am trying to keep busy not easy though. Judi having problems getting into page will keep trying x

judipat
16-01-11, 14:30
Hi again

I just clicked the link and went straight to it - if not, try copying and pasteing.

Judi xx

jaynemarie
17-01-11, 12:02
Got it Judi, thanks xxx