PDA

View Full Version : painful lump near left breast PLEASE HELP

merrysee
16-01-11, 15:58
Hi there, ive been suffering from anxiety, especially health anxiety for about a year now, convinced i was going to dye of a heart attack, then moved on to a brain tumour, that one took over my life, been in a good place for the last couple of months, however;

For the last couple of nights i've been really uncomfortable in bed when sleeping on my front, my left breast seem's quite painful, on friday night i had a good feel and have detected a small pea sized hard painful lump that does move slightly, it's close to my left breast, but not actually on my breast, it's on the side closest to my left arm, i've just turned 30 and have no family history of breast cancer, but it's driving me mad, and i'm a complete mess over it, i'm convinced it's breast cancer, i can't stop crying thinking i'm going to die and not see mt 2 beautiful children grow up, it's now sunday and my left breast constantly hurts, not sure if thats because i keep touching it or thinking about it.

Has anyone been through this, or knows anyone who has, any advise would be great, i should also point out i had breast implants 10 months ago.

PLEASE HELP.

Panic33
16-01-11, 16:02
Please go and get it checked my a doctor. I'm male but I have had a lump as you describe to left of my chest. My GP didn't think it was anything to worry about but sent me to see a consultant - he also wasn't worried. Its not a definate, but both told me the fact it can be moved indicates it is nothing bad.

merrysee
16-01-11, 17:21
please anyone else i really need advise

nomorepanic
16-01-11, 17:30
It could be a cyst but you really need to see the doc as we can't really see and feel it to say what it could be.

sammi
16-01-11, 17:32
please anyone else i really need advise

I had one, my gp didn't think it was anything worryin but referred me to hospital to be sure, mine also moved and was painful. It turned out to be nothing thankfully and the doc at hospital said they are common and not harmful in anyway. See your gp just to be safe :) xx

jillyb
16-01-11, 17:41
My daughter in law found one when she was in the USA. She was told that it was extremely unlikely to be anything nasty at her age (30, like you). She had it checked and it was a cyst - no problem at all.

merrysee
16-01-11, 17:44
Thank you so much, i'm a complete mess, have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, I'm so low, haven't stopped crying all day

countrygirl
16-01-11, 19:53
Ever heard of a breast mouse - they are extremely common in younger women and they move under your fingers like a mouse hence their name - they are harmless cysts but as with any lump in or near the breasts this needs to be confirmed by tests.

You should get an appt within 2 weeks in fact insist your GP refers you under the two week rule don't let them fob you off - not becuase I think you need to be seen in two weeks but for your minds sake. YOu should get all the tests done in one day in the clinic and be told whats what at end of tests.

Even someone without health anxiety would be a trembling wreck it would be unnatural not to be but there is a huge huge chance that this is a harmless cyst.

Please please let us know how you go on.